Removing Weird Dialer Popups

rexesq

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have this weird problem with the dialer screen. After I dial and hit the greeen for go button, I get the following yellow popup at the top of the screen:
View attachment 21654
It contains text of the geographic location [always incorrect], the time [usually incorrect], and a person's name. It's almost like a caller ID of some sort, but it does not corrspond to the person I am callingAfter a few seconds, the yellow popup fades away and I get the following, which looks like a white field in which to enter date [it won't allow data entry, though:

View attachment 21655

It also happens when I receive incoming calls.

Now, I realize it's probably some app I have installed, but for the life of me I cannot figure out which one it is. These artifacts are very annoying because they cover up the caller ID info on the dialer, as well as all other info at the top of the screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of these popups without doing a full factory reset? Ugh.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Not sure about the first. The second is just your dial pad. Click the [HIDE] button next to your [END CALL] button to hide the dial pad. There is also a default way to hide the dial pad...

SETTINGS --> CALL SETTINGS --> (toward the bottom) Show dialpad --> All Calls [ ]

As for the first, you may want to try running Addons Detector and see if it helps to find the app.

rexesq

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
See the white field at the top of the screen. i'm sure that's not part of the dialer screen. I did run Addon Detector and uninstalled the apps that came up under the push notifications filter. Any other ideas?

Kbrn

May 30, 2010
Visit site
actually the second picture the white/grey box is part of the dialer... the first pic with the yellow/green box is an ad.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I uninstalled the updates, but it will not let me uninstall sprint ID. How do I uninstall the individual ID packs?

I don't use Sprint ID but I'll put money on it that, that's your problem. You can't remove the actual Sprint ID installer unless you're rooted because thats in /system/app which is r/o. I can only assume you can remove sprint ID's you've installed 1 of 2 ways
1) Inside the sprint ID application is there a way to manage installed packs?
2) The packs get installed to /data/app so go to system>application>manage applications - downloaded tab and delete the garbage.

Good luck, you've got it from here.