Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Default In-Pocket Detection?

Hey All, just got the MoPho from BB for nothing for my son as a gift. I'm familiar with Android as a current owner of the Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G. I see though there are quite a few features on the MoPho that I've not seen.

One of them is the In-Pocket Detection. I enabled it then slips it in my front pocket. Peeking in, I still see the screen on and when pulling out I noticed that the WiFi icon disappeared and is coming back.

So, anyone making use of this feature and what should I expect from it. I thought it would auto-lock and turns the screen off immediately as opposed to timing out.

Default Re: In-Pocket Detection?

yeah lots of settings & its a great phone, lots of settings to try out.

I would disable the in-pocket-detection

I know most peops have it disabled cuz it does not work right

the forums have plenty of info on different settings as you know, so good to get input

It will take some time & trials to get your phone settings to your personal style

I am sure there will be more replies here, so keep checking back

Hope that helps & enjoy your new Photon!

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
    Thanked by:
    werkx 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

It'll be my son's first Android and smartphone. I know he'll enjoy it. I will too, playing with it...I mean helping him with it.

phone is amazing. in pocket detection...biggest disappointment for me. when I first bought the phone, this was the first option i toyed with. for 2 hours i messed with it, when it worked, it was definitely the best option on the phone.

But after 30 seconds of forum searching, discovered it was broken, and they were right.
    Thanked by:
    werkx 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Too bad. Still, i wasn't going to get him a fruit phone so this one has a bonus built in synch to his iTunes so he'll be thrilled.

Don't use in-pocket detection. It also messes up the face sensor during your calls and leaves the screen on making it so you press buttons with your face.
    Thanked by:
    werkx 

In-Pocket detection is a not worth the troubles. It doesn't work properly at all! just don't even bother with it and leave it off.