Phone making late night calls... on its own...

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
My phone was plugged in and on my counter all night last night. When I was leaving my house this morning I received a call (from a customer of mine), saying he noticed he missed several calls from me this morning... (at the time) 2 and 3 hours ago. Well, 2 and 3 hours ago - I WAS SLEEPING. My whole house was sleeping. So, I looked at my call log and sure enough, my phone called 3 different people multiple times last night. Ummmm... WTH? Take a look at the attached and notice the screen shot time, then the referred to call times.

attachment.php

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Really sounds like U have Malware (known malicious App dialer issue)

DL a free malware App checker on the market (Google play), many AV/Malware Apps to try, see which current versions that have the better feedback, as commenters will vary

Run the app and see what u have. Not all malware checkers give the same results, same as different PC AV programs so keep that in mind.

I am sure you will find something with malware, I have not read any other Photon problem issues on most of the different Photon forums.

Let us know what App it was when you find out, it may not have been reported yet.

Hope that helps

Reactions: brainfart3

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Did you install any apps that could have some extra permissions in them?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Probably. I installed a few "booth" (photobooth) apps yesterday. I may give it another night and see what happens. Or, I will try uninstalling these apps and then reinstalling them 1 by 1 to see which, if any, end up being the culprit.

Using the app Addonsdetector, I checked the permissions screen and all the main permissions are for more trusted apps (K9, Handcent, Telenav). I did use the install date area to uninstall everything I installed yesterday.

I wonder what my phone would have said had someone answered.

Last edited:

mackielee03

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get a resolution for this? My phone does the same thing...it's driving me crazy because it's calling people i dont even know, who then call me back.

Adz16

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone figured out why this happens? My fiancée's phone does this. I just had him call me and its 3:15 in the morning. Jas now broken my sleep. This isnt the first time it has happened. Last week it was his dad and mum. Samsung have made an appointment but they will say he needs another phone and give us a refurbished one instead of a new one. Please help!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci