Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cellmeister
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone making late night calls... on its own...

My phone was plugged in and on my counter all night last night. When I was leaving my house this morning I received a call (from a customer of mine), saying he noticed he missed several calls from me this morning... (at the time) 2 and 3 hours ago. Well, 2 and 3 hours ago - I WAS SLEEPING. My whole house was sleeping. So, I looked at my call log and sure enough, my phone called 3 different people multiple times last night. Ummmm... WTH? Take a look at the attached and notice the screen shot time, then the referred to call times.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phone making late night calls... on its own...-calllog.jpg  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone making late night calls... on its own...

Umm sleep calling much

Really sounds like U have Malware (known malicious App dialer issue)

DL a free malware App checker on the market (Google play), many AV/Malware Apps to try, see which current versions that have the better feedback, as commenters will vary

Run the app and see what u have. Not all malware checkers give the same results, same as different PC AV programs so keep that in mind.

I am sure you will find something with malware, I have not read any other Photon problem issues on most of the different Photon forums.

Let us know what App it was when you find out, it may not have been reported yet.

Hope that helps

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
    Thanked by:
    brainfart3 likes this.
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Did you install any apps that could have some extra permissions in them?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Sn1per 117 View Post
    Did you install any apps that could have some extra permissions in them?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Probably. I installed a few "booth" (photobooth) apps yesterday. I may give it another night and see what happens. Or, I will try uninstalling these apps and then reinstalling them 1 by 1 to see which, if any, end up being the culprit.

Using the app Addonsdetector, I checked the permissions screen and all the main permissions are for more trusted apps (K9, Handcent, Telenav). I did use the install date area to uninstall everything I installed yesterday.

I wonder what my phone would have said had someone answered.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 03-19-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? My phone does the same thing...it's driving me crazy because it's calling people i dont even know, who then call me back.