Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Grey Speaker Icon

Over the weekend a new icon popped up on my MoPho. It looks like a grey speaker. If I knew how to capture my screen without rooting my phone I would include a picture of it. Any ideas on what that is?

Default Re: Grey Speaker Icon

Screengrabber allows you to screen shot without root. There is a box you uncheck for non-rooted phones. Works great, I use it often.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Screengrabber worked like a charm. See the speaker icon I was referring to. Does anyone know what that is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grey Speaker Icon-1332188259826.jpg  

It is the standard External Speaker Icon meaning the phone is on External Speaker

===========

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Quote Originally Posted by twbrooklyn View Post
    Screengrabber worked like a charm. See the speaker icon I was referring to. Does anyone know what that is?

It is the standard External Speaker Icon meaning the phone is on External Speaker

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That's weird, my headphones were plugged in and nothing was playing out of the external, so I am not sure why it popped on.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I noticed it too, what I noticed is: the speaker phone was on as I went to make a call and noticed it on so I shut it off and the grey speaker icon went away....