Photon 4G EOL'd in April - What's next?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hope to be on the lookout for ridiculous deals on Photon docks...media, car, laptop.....think its possible they blow these out? I've always thought they should bundle all three fir an insane price....$300?

Sent via mobile using Tapatalk

I was surprised to find the car dock at our Sprint Store for $39.99, even lower than Amazon had them listed. I'm lucky in that my rig has an Aux input to connect one, and that the dock is secure enough to handle the vibrations.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised to find the car dock at our Sprint Store for $39.99, even lower than Amazon had them listed. I'm lucky in that my rig has an Aux input to connect one, and that the dock is secure enough to handle the vibrations.

Picked mine up 2 weeks ago for that price. Was very pleased considering I was expecting to pay 60+ tax...

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

amcx2

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Got the car dock now too sprint $39.99...Im usually never an OEM accessories guy but this thing is sweet and just what I need, love the gravity drop w clip on top and take it car to car.

Next up im thinking hd station dock but the one that is universal to most moto phones and tablets...see http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=169388

I have to travel more to justify the lapdock... or just pick up a xyboard w keyboard case.

I already told my wife she's getting the Photon 2 for her upgrade to share with all this goodness (or Ill switch phones w her so I can have it since original Photon is more than she wants to handle anyways)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Got the car dock now too sprint $39.99...Im usually never an OEM accessories guy but this thing is sweet and just what I need, love the gravity drop w clip on top and take it car to car.

Next up im thinking hd station dock but the one that is universal to most moto phones and tablets...see http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=169388

I have to travel more to justify the lapdock... or just pick up a xyboard w keyboard case.

I already told my wife she's getting the Photon 2 for her upgrade to share with all this goodness (or Ill switch phones w her so I can have it since original Photon is more than she wants to handle anyways)

Unfortunately, I'll be shelling another $40 at sprint tomm for another dock... Someone broke in my car and stole mine today... Along with a pack of cigarettes... But missed the other 15 I had in the trunk!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'll be shelling another $40 at sprint tomm for another dock... Someone broke in my car and stole mine today... Along with a pack of cigarettes... But missed the other 15 I had in the trunk!

Aww, now that just sucks! And with the cup being so strong on it, it's not the easiest to remove regularly.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They ripped the whole thing off... Dash mount plate and all. Only thing left is the adhesive

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you're using a mounting plate, might wanna go with heavy-duty Velcro instead of adhesive tape. Thats what I use in my rig.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Forget Velcro, use THIS STUFF, they usually have a smaller package of it as well. Be sure it is the grey kind if you get the smaller package. Trust me, once you mount it, and let it dry, it's on TIGHT! This stuff is like gold for me and my buddy. If you need something to stay were it is, this is the answer.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Forget Velcro, use THIS STUFF, they usually have a smaller package of it as well. Be sure it is the grey kind if you get the smaller package. Trust me, once you mount it, and let it dry, it's on TIGHT! This stuff is like gold for me and my buddy. If you need something to stay were it is, this is the answer.
Some of these sentences are quite funny when taken out of context. Thanks!

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Like the mighty Phoenix rising from the ashes, the Electrify Icon is born. Electrify was Motorola's name for the Photon 4G. Motorola has trademarked the name and registered some domains, but no leaked photos or specs yet. Doesn't meet the brass plaque standard but it is a sign that something is coming soon.

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It sucks but moto and sprint were asleep behind the wheel for the photon. I didn't see a single television ad. When I show people how functional this device is regarding webtop, they instantly imagine their uses of it and all wonder why/how they've never heard of this.

Of all the devices I've owned, most of which I owned development work for, this is by far my favorite. The lapdock alone has changed how I use my phone. Also own the car dock (first time I ever spent $ on a car dock) and HD dock. I read work emails and browse the web all on my HD TV, then take a call without stopping or missing a beat.

Another Moto Webtop accessory fan here!!! I change phones every 6 months or so and I will be keeping this one for awhile. A big part of what has made me decide to keep it is Webtop. I have to say, when I bought the Photon I thought I would never get that stuff, however, everytime I went into Sprint they were out of stock of ALL Webtop accessories, the reps said they couldnt keep them in stock. I finally bit the bullet and special ordered the HD dock, it worked awesome so I ended up getting the car dock and lap dock. Once were upgraded to ICS, the Webtop experience will be much better, it will be just like Android instead of Linux.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Another Moto Webtop accessory fan here!!! I change phones every 6 months or so and I will be keeping this one for awhile. A big part of what has made me decide to keep it is Webtop. I have to say, when I bought the Photon I thought I would never get that stuff, however, everytime I went into Sprint they were out of stock of ALL Webtop accessories, the reps said they couldnt keep them in stock. I finally bit the bullet and special ordered the HD dock, it worked awesome so I ended up getting the car dock and lap dock. Once were upgraded to ICS, the Webtop experience will be much better, it will be just like Android instead of Linux.

I enjoy the GPS enough that the car dock is highly desirable, and would be the first time I've spent to get something like that. And it would give me a better location for streaming my baseball games, and I'd no longer need to hook and unhook the audio cable. I call that a win.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope the MoPho Q LTE doesn't use a PenTile screen!

I'm going to wait at least until the iPhone announcement before my next move. No sense in switching to a LTE phone in a WiMax only neighborhood!