Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default juice defender

I stopped using jd recently and the battery discharging is way slower.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Default Re: juice defender

I used to use juice defender. It did give me better battery life but it interfered with email and texts, delaying them for large blocks of time. This was unacceptable for me so I stopped using any battery saver applications.

Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I used to use juice defender. It did give me better battery life but it interfered with email and texts, delaying them for large blocks of time. This was unacceptable for me so I stopped using any battery saver applications.
    +1

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I like the White listing options that it offers. If only it could control 3G/2G. I may be using a phone but I'd like to disable incoming calls and texts without losing bluetooth or wifi when I need/want them.

Also, I'm lazy. I'm not going into the service menu to switch to a different type of radio everytime I play a game or a movie. It'll be great to do this automatically.

Anyone who relies on services that require constant EVDO connection shouldn't use these apps. Gmail, exchange push, google talk, mms messaging ... those services need a constant connection for real time to work. With that said, I don't use them because I'm a crazy heavy GTalk user.

But this phone has a paired down version of JD/green power built in. The battery saver profile turns off the 3G radio after a defined period of inactivity. Unfortunately there's no option to have it wake and sync at intervals. On the plus side it leaves data on for 15 min after last activity so if your waiting on a GTalk response the person has time to send.

I've played with JD pro, green power, and motos native offering and, this is just my personal experience so judge for yourself, any savings were negligible at best and just weren't worth the impact to services I use and love like GTalk.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Quote Originally Posted by crashpete View Post
    I stopped using jd recently and the battery discharging is way slower.
    root your device and use v6superscript. it greatly helped me. also don't add any apps to factroy auto end list cuz then they are always closing then starting right back up.. .. draining battery further. for help with anything gtalk me @ 426moparfreak@gmail.com

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Android Central Forums

I was wondering why Pandora was lagging between songs while two other people I know(wife and son) with the same phone (Droid Max) did not have this problem. now that I read these posts and removed Juice Defender ( I had free version and Ultimate) the lag as gone away

The proof is in the pudding