Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using MOTO photon overseas

Can i just put any sim card in and just go it what do I do i may be going to tiwon thanks

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Using MOTO photon overseas

No, your Photon has to be activated for international use 1st, either log on your Sprint account or call them.

I suggest calling them for the Sim card questions

Hope that gets you startred

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

I didn't call Sprint and the SIM slot came unlocked. I've used the phone in Dom. Rep. and in Turkey with local SIMs and everything worked fine, including data. Somtimes data might not work, but just download an APN app from the Play Store for the mobile provider you will be using.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Some sim slots did come unlocked, but mine isn't... I had to call sprint and request the unlock code...

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2
    tvb

I called Sprint and the rep said that all Photons were unlocked. I used my Photon in Prague last week with a sim card I purchased there. No problems.

I had the same experience. Used my photon in germany with a local sim (voice only) with no problems.

Couldn't hurt to call and check, though.

Same here, I bought a SIM card (voice and data prepay) in the UK and used it with no problems.