Cannot Add Yahoo Mail Account

jabwtv

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
After I type in my email address and password if keeps saying login to the account failed please try again

mkoso

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I kept having the same issue so I installed the yahoo mail app from the android store. Don't know ow what's going on with the native yahoo email app.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
It may be your network? When I'm home, or on 3G, I'm fine. However, there are some networks I log in to which throw off my Yahoo mail (only) for some reason.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking its a Yahoo problem. Im having the same issue on Verizon with both my Droid X2 and my husbands Droid 3. Been going on for several weeks.

tommyboy12

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i know how to fix it. access your incoming and outgoing servers and change them manually.. let me know if you need to know what to change the settings to. its easy

PianoJazz

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Please share the settings. I've been having this same problem. After about 20 emails with Yahoo! "support" staff (support in air quotes), I've got absolutely nowhere.

Like another poster, I, too, do not want to use the Yahoo! Mail app; I prefer the built-in Android "Add Accounts" function.

Thanks.

Randal

i know how to fix it. access your incoming and outgoing servers and change them manually.. let me know if you need to know what to change the settings to. its easy

PianoJazz

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
From one of the managers in the Motorola Support Forums:

Source: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9dbfe91c9b?start=1&stop=15

posted April 20, 2012 by Mark (Forums Manager)

For the time being manually configure your Yahoo account with these settings.

Menu > My Accounts/Accounts > Add Account > Email

Enter Email address and password and uncheck Automatically Configure Account > Next

General Settings

Account Name: Your Choice
Email Address: your email address

Incoming Server
Switch to IMAP
Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Server
SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Advanced Settings
Authentication type: Auto

Other Settings
Number of messages to sync: Your choice

Any other settings not mentioned, leave as they are.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Reactions: mkoso

yareda

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody help? I was having a login issue and tried the above suggestion. I tried the above but it appear as if it was working and got some of the emails but then stopped working. I get a connection error with a statement that says "The following error has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com"

bonneyrd

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Mark, Forum's Manger:

I followed your directions, but still can't sync Yahoo Mail. Any further ideas? Thanks for helping this Newbee!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Directions from Motorola Photon 4G Web Link

Basics "Adding an Email Account" for those that may need it or don't know for Motorola Photon:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/69078/p/30,6720,8063/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzODIyMjI5Ny9zaWQvZk9vVERmWms%3D

How can I set up my email account?

Follow the steps listed below to set up your personal email account or Exchange (corporate sync) email accounts.
If for any reason, your email account is not listed here, or you are having problems with your email account, please contact your email provider for assistance.

Adding an Email Account

"Press , tap Accounts.
Tap Add Account
Tap Email
Enter the username and password. Some of the more popular email accounts will be able to set up automatically.
If you are unsuccessful with setting up your account automatically, deselect automatically configure account by removing the checkmark. Use the chart listed below for the more popular email settings.
Tap Next.
Tap Incoming.
Enter the appropriate information.
Tap Outgoing.
Enter the appropriate information.
Tap Ok.
Tap OK.

During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up.

Please check with your email provider to obtain any of that detail.

You will need your password, login name, POP3 or IMAP port, and server settings to complete a Manual set-up.

If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual setup.

We have listed a chart of manual settings for some POP3/IMAP email providers at the bottom of this FAQ."

Hope that helps with the other above posted info :)

d_la_roc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem but only when im on 4g. If im on Wifi, i can add the account no problem. I have Tmobile. Dont know if they have something against Yahoo. Lol

Dozza83

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks PianoJazz! Following the instructions on your post I have now successfully added my yahoo email account on my Sony Xperia:)

Leo ProJectx

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Quotes from PianoJazz

"From one of the managers in the Motorola Support Forums:

Source:

posted April 20, 2012 by Mark (Forums Manager)

For the time being manually configure your Yahoo account with these settings.

Menu > My Accounts/Accounts > Add Account > Email

Enter Email address and password and uncheck Automatically Configure Account > Next

General Settings

Account Name: Your Choice
Email Address: your email address

Incoming Server
Switch to IMAP
Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Server
SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Advanced Settings
Authentication type: Auto

Other Settings
Number of messages to sync: Your choice

Any other settings not mentioned, leave as they are.

Mark
Support Forums Manager"
Really thanks alot man, just tried and it work

Nice Sharing

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a verizon htc phone im trying to connect my yahoo account up on it and its telling me "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information authentication failed what does that mean

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2