Photon randomly reboots?

XxNitr0xX

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My fathers Photo has been randomly rebooting itself while he's in the middle of texting sometimes. Could it be a bad app, or possibly too many processes running, or is this a common issue? I personally don't know anything about the Photon. Thanks for the help.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Never had this issue but from my experience with android, it's a crash from too many resources being used...

But then again, I've got 9 apps going right now

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

sambo57u#AC

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Does he have a micro-SD card installed. If yes this has to be formatted in the phone.
Save all data and format it through the settings menus.

Also, if he is running some 3rd party apps that may cause this you can try to run in the
safe mode. Turn off phome, turn on, whem you see the moto logo hold down both volume
keys until you see the safe mode sign below. This turns off all 3rd party apps. If the system
is stable like this it means that the culprit is one of those apps.

Also, you can clean cache. Download the App Cache Cleaner from the market and run it.

Good luck,

Reactions: srkelley

mrmw

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does he have a micro-SD card installed. If yes this has to be formatted in the phone.
Save all data and format it through the settings menus.

Also, if he is running some 3rd party apps that may cause this you can try to run in the
safe mode. Turn off phome, turn on, whem you see the moto logo hold down both volume
keys until you see the safe mode sign below. This turns off all 3rd party apps. If the system
is stable like this it means that the culprit is one of those apps.

Also, you can clean cache. Download the App Cache Cleaner from the market and run it.

Good luck,

At last...a sensible trouble shooting set. thank you.

Too758

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My fathers Photo has been randomly rebooting itself while he's in the middle of texting sometimes. Could it be a bad app, or possibly too many processes running, or is this a common issue? I personally don't know anything about the Photon. Thanks for the help.

Yeah this has been a issue for me and actually it's such a known issue here in St. Louis, some sprint stores will swap your phone out. A rep told me over the phone that there should be a software update released soon to address the issue so you may be able to have it resolved that way. I'm going tomorrow to have them swap mine out.

Good Luck!

inetport

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It's been over a year since this subject first posted and no progress. Motorola & Sprint gave up on the photon almost a year ago. Sprint Customers with photons got screwed!! maybe it's time to dump sprint and Motorola. recently sprint told me I should bring it in and have them replace it for their new fee of 50 bucks. Sprint, you're about to become history!!!!!!

mrmw

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem. It turned out to be a bad micro SD card. I replaced the card, and voila--problem gone. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae