1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Defective charging port?

I recently received a refurbished photon since I lost the one I purchased but starting yesterday when I connected my phone to the charger it was slow to charge it and now when it reaches full battery it starts to flash the message when you disconnect your cable from your phone after its fully charged and stops Charing while still connected to the charger

I've done reboots battery pulls and draining the battery and Charing from zero but still does the same thing

Should I call sprint and ask to send a replacement or is it a simple setting change

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Re: Defective charging port?

I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe it could be something with ur usb cable. this happened to me when I had the EVO 4G, I would notice it flickering, so I connected the cable to another device and it wouldn't do anything. I also tried using that same cable to connect the EVO to my computer and it wouldn't show as being hooked up. I ended up buying a new usb cable/charger from HTC and that solved my issue..but like I said, I'm just throwing this idea out there, maybe somebody else has another solution...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks it was the usb cord just went to the hotel down the street and said I left my cord and got one by chance

Quote Originally Posted by that.rick22 View Post
    Thanks it was the usb cord just went to the hotel down the street and said I left my cord and got one by chance
    I order several replacement chargers and cables at once when I go on Amazon. I find Smasung 6' cables (OEM, not cheesy replacements) regularly for around a buck, and chargers with cable for about $3. So I can order 5a for less than the cost of one at Wally World or anywhere else. I prefer the USB block chargers with replaceable cables, as being in a semi can be rough on the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by that.rick22 View Post
    Did you really leave a cord in that hotel, or was that a scam to get a cord for free? If the latter, I am disgusted by your obvious lack of morals.
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by statdoc View Post
    Did you really leave a cord in that hotel, or was that a scam to get a cord for free? If the latter, I am disgusted by your obvious lack of morals.
    I'm sure he'll be really happy that his mother is here to scold him. I'm sure your life is perfect and you've never used any loopholes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    I'm sure he'll be really happy that his mother is here to scold him. I'm sure your life is perfect and you've never used any loopholes.
    Happy to be of service. And please explain how lying to obtain something you don't own is a "loophole", as opposed to theft?

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post

That's not a "loophole" it's theft, plain and simple.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Good God. I'm sure no one was coming back for a cable.

Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I personally think its ingenious... Life is all about making progress off of others misery...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

You could call it theft but hotels get a lot of charging cords I left a cord at a hotel and after work that day I went back for it and they threw a big box of cords on the desk and said check if any of these will work. It was pretty hilarious

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04