Ics: q4?

moparfreak426

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I'm disappointed for sure, but I'm trying not to go all "eff Motorola, this is the last phone I'll buy from them!"

I'll see if I can hold out until then.

anon(98566)

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was a little bummed out too, but I didn't buy this phone expecting it to be upgraded. It works great. I am happy with it as-is. ICS would be nice, but it won't bother me if it never happens.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to rom this one... Again. Last one I tried didn't work right, and I'm locked down now anyway... Stupid soak test.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm locked down now, too. I'm super glad that the update went out before they announced that ICS was going from Q3 to Q4 (sarcasm).

Hopefully, someone will figure out how to unlock it again.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If they do, lemme kno! Lol, I'll experiment a little but doubt I'll get it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I think q4 is kind of a waste of time for Motorola. Jelly Bean will be out next Spring.... so two months after we get it. Sprint has already given the Photon an end of life date... so why is Motorola bothering... HOPEFULLY they will have a new Sprint device before than with ICS anyway.

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's typical Motorola poor customer service.

As much as I like my Photon and want to wait for the next Photon LTE, Moto is way too slow with updates, HTC is about the only one that can be trusted and really seems to care about their customers. I may end up getting the EVO LTE.

I agree, the stupid update did not make any noticeable changes for me and I suspect that is the reason we are being pushed back. They figured we just gave Photon owners an update to "hold them over" so they can wait for ICS. Motorola really dropped the ball with the update, we should have gotten updated versions of their own software which is actually pretty good, like the built in Music Player, Webtop, etc...They didn't even give us Smart Actions, I dont get it, why leave some of your customers behind?

Last edited:

neal77

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Lets not forget that Google now owns Motorola mobil it will be interesting to see what they do with updates for their own phones.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, if they do their jobs right, and give us a good update, that will be fine. I don't want it to be screwed up, so take time and make it worth our while. That will make me very hoppy.

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive noticed that yfi is better.. Cam is better.. 4g wimax in atl is faster and vid is 1080 p.. Granted i did 2 resets but i do notice 2.3.5 is better.. Plus i didn't like root b 4 so it being locked doesn't bother me

Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember the site but utube motorola 4.0 update.. Moto blur is pretty nice looking.. Alot of ppl on phandroid android Central etc etc are saying this mite be the way to go.. Like i said cant remember site exactly but just utube it

Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I really can't wait for ics on this, but I'm probably picking up a galaxy nexus soon..

Sent using my MoPho-King photon