Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont really like our stock Launcher, but I also dont really like Go Launcher EX, Apex Launcher or any of those types of Launchers. So I found this great Xperia S Stock Launcher (it is an APK you just install)
at
XPERIA S Home 0.9.1b Downloads

if any of you guys want to try it hit the link
"XPERIA S Home (0.9.1b):
All Resolutions"

(I attached my home screen so you guys can see what it looks like. The clock I have I used ClockQ)

Do you guys know of any other nice Stock Launchers from other phones (simple apks) that we can install on our Photon 4Gs?

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I prefer ADW Launcher for its functionality, but I do like the HTC sense look, so I use a sense like clock widget.

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive used ever launcher ..stock, go, launcher pro, adw, zeam, lightning, tsf, sbp, qq, etc...but holo launcher is by far the best....ive had it sence april and ive never switched out . Smoothest etc etc..and today the developers hv just made a lock screen to match....id advise to get and use

Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I really like launcherpro + - seems to vw the most customizable to me... I used it on my optimus, and now occasionally on my photon.

I'll see if I can find some old screens and post them... But I used a theme called dreamlyfe ice iirc, which made it simple yet bold.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll second Holo Launcher. Fast, intuitive and plenty of functionality.

Downloaded the free, and updgaded to the paid version within an hour, seems faster than my brothers Verizon RazerMax and, he likes some of the transition effect better than ICS, so he installed it too!

I no longer care as much when ICS gets here. :)

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried most of the Launchers you guys named but for some reason I just went back to the stock haha :p

I have little pet peeves that is the only reason I have explored these Launchers. My favorite was the Xperia S Home Launcher but I did not find many other ports from other Home Launchers.

The fact I have to scroll down to "Text Messaging" as opposed to "Messaging" when I want to share something kinda irks me. That and the damn Ugly Camera icons!!! Haha

But i found solutions for neither. I installed ICS messaging but it did not work very well and I installed the ICS Camera but it didnt seem to shoot in widescreen so... im pretty much back to stock

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I keep going back to stock is I kinda like my motorola widgets...

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I keep going back to stock is I kinda like my motorola widgets...

One reason I stay with an alternate launcher is that I want to be able to use the Car Dock and the Desk Home (night clock) apps which are motorola apps but are not available with the stock launchers.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There's an app for that... ;)

I just don't remember which one. I only use car dock while docked in my car or work truck... So... A majority of the time ;)

I use alarm clock plus (paid version) which has the desk mode...

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There's an app for that... ;)

I just don't remember which one. I only use car dock while docked in my car or work truck... So... A majority of the time ;)

I use alarm clock plus (paid version) which has the desk mode...

I don't have a car dock and couldn't use one if I did because I am using an Otterbox case and would have to continually remove the phone from the case. But the app is useful and I can access it without the physical car dock when using ADW launcher.

Reactions: MRLARGE863

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a car dock and couldn't use one if I did because I am using an Otterbox case and would have to continually remove the phone from the case. But the app is useful and I can access it without the physical car dock when using ADW launcher.

I have an otterbox, but the car dock is the reason I cracked my screen... Whatevs :)

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
One reason I stay with an alternate launcher is that I want to be able to use the Car Dock and the Desk Home (night clock) apps which are motorola apps but are not available with the stock launchers.

Ahhhh... Yeah. I have yet to use the phone in landscape for much of anything. I did order a mini hdmi to see how stuff looks on a TV, heard great things

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh... Yeah. I have yet to use the phone in landscape for much of anything. I did order a mini hdmi to see how stuff looks on a TV, heard great things

Some of the words, depending on size of hdtv, can look grainy, but looks amazing otherwise :) I use the one I stole from my fiancee all the time

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Some of the words, depending on size of hdtv, can look grainy, but looks amazing otherwise :) I use the one I stole from my fiancee all the time

Haha Cool. I am connecting it to a 32inch... any idea how High Quality youtube videos will look on it?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
They'll look nice, not sure about what res, but I've hooked mine to a 20, 32, & 47 and everything but words looked good