Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I dont really like our stock Launcher, but I also dont really like Go Launcher EX, Apex Launcher or any of those types of Launchers. So I found this great Xperia S Stock Launcher (it is an APK you just install)
    at


    if any of you guys want to try it hit the link
    "XPERIA S Home (0.9.1b):
    All Resolutions"

    (I attached my home screen so you guys can see what it looks like. The clock I have I used ClockQ)


    Do you guys know of any other nice Stock Launchers from other phones (simple apks) that we can install on our Photon 4Gs?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G-20120713095950.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I honestly miss the htc sense launcher
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I honestly miss the htc sense launcher
    Yeah the HTC Sense launcher was cool. If im not mistaken they have a sense 4.0 Apk Launcher for a number of devices. I am not poooositive though....
  4. #4  
    Bullfrog527's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Try holo, looks like ics!

    Sent from my MOF'd up MoPho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G-uploadfromtaptalk1342232157080.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #5  
    japark's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I prefer ADW Launcher for its functionality, but I do like the HTC sense look, so I use a sense like clock widget.
  6. #6  
    gogators1974's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    235 Posts

    Default

    Ive used ever launcher ..stock, go, launcher pro, adw, zeam, lightning, tsf, sbp, qq, etc...but holo launcher is by far the best....ive had it sence april and ive never switched out . Smoothest etc etc..and today the developers hv just made a lock screen to match....id advise to get and use

    Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    I really like launcherpro + - seems to vw the most customizable to me... I used it on my optimus, and now occasionally on my photon.

    I'll see if I can find some old screens and post them... But I used a theme called dreamlyfe ice iirc, which made it simple yet bold.

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
  8. #8  
    ToddK's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I'll second Holo Launcher. Fast, intuitive and plenty of functionality.

    Downloaded the free, and updgaded to the paid version within an hour, seems faster than my brothers Verizon RazerMax and, he likes some of the transition effect better than ICS, so he installed it too!

    I no longer care as much when ICS gets here. :-)
  9. #9  
    gogators1974's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    235 Posts

    Default

    Exactly with this type of launcher who needs 4.0.4 unless u just want the cosmetics of it

    Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I tried most of the Launchers you guys named but for some reason I just went back to the stock haha

    I have little pet peeves that is the only reason I have explored these Launchers. My favorite was the Xperia S Home Launcher but I did not find many other ports from other Home Launchers.

    The fact I have to scroll down to "Text Messaging" as opposed to "Messaging" when I want to share something kinda irks me. That and the damn Ugly Camera icons!!! Haha

    But i found solutions for neither. I installed ICS messaging but it did not work very well and I installed the ICS Camera but it didnt seem to shoot in widescreen so... im pretty much back to stock
  11. #11  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    Only reason I keep going back to stock is I kinda like my motorola widgets...

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
  12. #12  
    japark's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Only reason I keep going back to stock is I kinda like my motorola widgets...

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    One reason I stay with an alternate launcher is that I want to be able to use the Car Dock and the Desk Home (night clock) apps which are motorola apps but are not available with the stock launchers.
  13. #13  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    There's an app for that...

    I just don't remember which one. I only use car dock while docked in my car or work truck... So... A majority of the time

    I use alarm clock plus (paid version) which has the desk mode...

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
  14. #14  
    japark's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    There's an app for that...

    I just don't remember which one. I only use car dock while docked in my car or work truck... So... A majority of the time

    I use alarm clock plus (paid version) which has the desk mode...

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    I don't have a car dock and couldn't use one if I did because I am using an Otterbox case and would have to continually remove the phone from the case. But the app is useful and I can access it without the physical car dock when using ADW launcher.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I don't have a car dock and couldn't use one if I did because I am using an Otterbox case and would have to continually remove the phone from the case. But the app is useful and I can access it without the physical car dock when using ADW launcher.
    I have an otterbox, but the car dock is the reason I cracked my screen... Whatevs

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Only reason I keep going back to stock is I kinda like my motorola widgets...

    Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    They are great! Atleast the 4G ones
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    One reason I stay with an alternate launcher is that I want to be able to use the Car Dock and the Desk Home (night clock) apps which are motorola apps but are not available with the stock launchers.

    Ahhhh... Yeah. I have yet to use the phone in landscape for much of anything. I did order a mini hdmi to see how stuff looks on a TV, heard great things
  18. #18  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaSands View Post
    Ahhhh... Yeah. I have yet to use the phone in landscape for much of anything. I did order a mini hdmi to see how stuff looks on a TV, heard great things
    Some of the words, depending on size of hdtv, can look grainy, but looks amazing otherwise I use the one I stole from my fiancee all the time

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Some of the words, depending on size of hdtv, can look grainy, but looks amazing otherwise I use the one I stole from my fiancee all the time

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Haha Cool. I am connecting it to a 32inch... any idea how High Quality youtube videos will look on it?
  20. #20  
    tirith's Avatar
    Resident Linux Fiend

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

    Default

    They'll look nice, not sure about what res, but I've hooked mine to a 20, 32, & 47 and everything but words looked good

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    What is the name of the app that is the default launcher.

    I used a different app and can not find how to get back to the "Home" app unless I delete the one that I am trying. This 2nd app will not give up unless I can find the name of the default app.
  22. #22  
    Derek_B's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone3211 View Post
    What is the name of the app that is the default launcher.

    I used a different app and can not find how to get back to the "Home" app unless I delete the one that I am trying. This 2nd app will not give up unless I can find the name of the default app.
    Download an app called HomeSwitcher from the Play Store. It's free and it will allow you to switch between your launchers whenever you want.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I think you just go to the Launcher you installed and "clear data" ... then when you try to go home it will ask you which Launcher you want to use the stock one (which is called Home) or whichever you installed
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaSands View Post
    I think you just go to the Launcher you installed and "clear data" ... then when you try to go home it will ask you which Launcher you want to use the stock one (which is called Home) or whichever you installed
    Not clear, data, clear defaults, but I think he gets the idea.
  25. #25  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,773 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Stock Launchers for the Photon 4G

    I have used a few different ones but they end up crashing or slowing my Photon down so I went back to the regular launcher.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B