Camera Clicking Noise, Shutter Sound Gone

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what's happened, but ever since the recent Sprint/Motorola OTA update, my camera makes a clicking noise when I turn it on. Not only that, but now my camera shutter sound has completely stopped. Normally, the latter is a good thing, but not when I didn't disable it. This leads me to believe something is wrong with the phone hardware,

Things I have tried:

1. Turn phone off/on
2. Battery pull

It's not fixed it. WTH?

samanthanielquel

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Goto sound setting and in the camera section uncheck the 'Mute Camera Shutter' option. This option makes the camera shutter sound on. You can find the camera sound settings option in the camera app.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There isn't an option. I have noticed the click as well, happens when using the led as a flashlight also...

Someone put a home made app up that silences the shutter sound, since it was annoying that it made noise even in silent mode ...

It's called silence stream enforced or something...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
There isn't an option. I have noticed the click as well, happens when using the led as a flashlight also...

Someone put a home made app up that silences the shutter sound, since it was annoying that it made noise even in silent mode ...

It's called silence stream enforced or something...

I'm not trying to silence the sound; it did it by itself. I'm trying to figure out why.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well... I installed the Camera ICS app on my photon. On it I put it in silent mode. I did not like that it did not take pictures in WideScreen Mode so i uninstalled it. Now, my stock Camera app does not make that annoying shutter sound ...and thats great...but I am also wondering if this is bad? I can still take pictures and they look great so i dont know what exactly is affected aside from the no shutter...

Reactions: MRLARGE863

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a hidden option in the os, may have tricked itself. As long as you have other sounds you're good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar