Will there ever be a new Photon LTE *without* a sliding keyboard?

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I see that they are coming out with a new lte "slider" version of the Photon, called the "Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE." Q stands for "qwerty."

Do you think they will also come out with a new "non-Q" version of the Photon that has LTE but *no* keyboard?

I hope they do, because I really don't want to carry all that extra bulk.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will there ever be a new Photon LTE *without* a sliding keybo

It is hard to say on that. I did play with the Photon Q at my local Sprint store tonight, despite them BOTH being out of commission. If feels like a real solid piece of equipment and attractive in form. It was the most durable slider I've ever examined! Bulky? This thing is no GS3, but it is no toaster either. I can imagine rarely opening the hardware keyboard and just touchkeying it it for most things. The keyboard is just an added bonus if you want to type non-standard words, such as in a terminal.

On the downside, it is a bit loud to use. Although, I don't know when that might be an actual issue...

Motorola seems to be carving out a niche in the hard keyboard market. Their XPert, while not well received, was a real nod to RIM and their commitment to a hard keyboard. Blur just isn't all that, so maybe that is how they are distinguishing themselves in the Android realm.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's bulky, and honestly them releasing the original photon was kind of... Not moto... They have a history of keyboards on android... D1-4, etc...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If you look at what Sprint did with HTC, the true successor to the EVO didn't come for two years. In between they had a slider, the 3d, and a midrange 4", but none were just a straight up refresh/spec bump.

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol