Question regarding Missed Texts

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So there are times when I do not get texts for long periods of time. It has happened a couple times. So I do a battery pull just to see if something is up and bam once the phone restarted I received non stop text messages or e-mails for like 5 minutes one after the other. Messages and e-mails I was supposed to have gotten during the stretch I was not receiving anything. So sometimes I do not receive texts and I was wondering if this happens when I am in an area with poor signal, no signal, switching between 4G and 3G and well a problem with SPRINT or is it just an issue with my Phone?

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen. so have some others... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-photon/140114-incoming-texts-delayed-lot.html ... I have also had multiple texts arrive repeatedly. This behavior occurred for several weeks, and then stopped. Have you updated your PRL? That was suggested to me, and I did it several times and am unsure if this solved the problem or if Sprint was having issues that were subsequently resolved.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen. so have some others... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-photon/140114-incoming-texts-delayed-lot.html ... I have also had multiple texts arrive repeatedly. This behavior occurred for several weeks, and then stopped. Have you updated your PRL? That was suggested to me, and I did it several times and am unsure if this solved the problem or if Sprint was having issues that were subsequently resolved.

Well I did that when it happened just because and it seemed to have stopped happening. And well I have had this problem like twice in the months I have had this phone. For safe measure do you recommend updating the prl and the Profile often?

GPhoenix

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It is not limited to your phone only. It has a lot to do with the network and towers as well. I don't recall seeing or hearing it happened for AT&T or TMobile so I wonder if it could be a problem known to exist with CDMA networks? Anyhow the good and bad news is the problem isn't isolated to just you and your device because you aren't that special. ;D I'm just joking about the special part but yeah it sucks to either lose messages or receive them late. Especially if it is related to an emergency or a business transaction.