Screen stops working

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I am just wondering is there any way (before or after rooting) to change the amount of time you can long press before the screen freezes? For example I play Minecraft PE and when i am mining I always have to take my thumbs off of the screen after ~10 seconds or else my screen freezes momentarily. I think this must be something they intended to prevent you from touching the screen too long (e.g. hand touching the screen while phone is in pocket) but it is extremely annoying when i have to stop mining momentarily or else risk having my screen freeze for a few seconds. Help me anyone?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just kept my thumbs on my screen for 60 seconds. Screen did not lock. Also using stock Photon.

Settings->Display->In-Pocket detection . Do you have that checked? That may be the problem. I don't ever put my Photon in my pocket, so I leave that unchecked.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt lock the phone or shut the screen off, it just freezes the screen momentarily. The only way you might be able to try it is if you start scrolling but halfway through the scroll you stop moving your finger, then after about 10 seconds try to continue scrolling, all without removing your finger from the screen. It should disable the touch feature of the screen.

Motorola Photon 4G

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Another way would be to download minecraft pocket edition and hold down an arrow key until this happens. And no it is not limited to mcpe

Motorola Photon 4G

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had the screen lock momentarily. Sometimes frequently. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with actually touching the screen. More like the processor is busy.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Just random momentary unresponsiveness. Most phones seem to exhibit this on occasion.

That is exactly what I experience. But you say this only happens "on occassion." It seems like every time I hold down on the screen for longer than 10 seconds it happens. It makes some games very hard to play.

Motorola Photon 4G

thejesusegg

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The issue is related to programming by Motorola. It's done this way to prevent errant touchscreen input from rain drops etc. For those with rooted phones there is a "rain drop" fix you can download. Once installed there's no more issue.