Media management help request

beachryan

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Hoping one of you knowledgeable folk might be able to help me out. Have had my MoPho a year now, and had very few problems, but was running low on SD space due to my music collection. I've started using a PC App called 'Media Monkey' (which is awesome btw) which allows me to convert all music on the fly to lower bitrate when syncing with an Android device. Doing this freed up 8gb, so happy days.

Unplugged the MoPho, opened up PowerAmp and voila, all worked and happy days.

But.

Using the stock Music player now makes the phone hang. Trying to open the stock 'Gallery' app makes the phone hang. And worst of all, my battery lasts literally 2 hours from full charge now - something in the motorola media management world is eating the battery life.

This is a stock MoPho, no rooting or ROM'ing, running the latest OTA update.

Anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong? I've gone through the file manager and can see photos/music all happily in its folder hierarchy. But for some reason, the Motorola Music/Gallery Apps can't deal with it.

Thanks for any tips!

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Media Monkey, but have not converted to a lower bit rate, and have not seen this problem. I would say try a 3rd party music player for the hang up, but that does not address your battery drain. I might suggest factory reset, but that is a last resort for many people because it is a PITA to re-customize your phone. Have you tried posting at XDA? Someone there may have an answer since no one has more suggestions here.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery had been getting horrible lately... Similar issue unfortunately I fast to fdr it......

Still running 2.3.4...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

beachryan

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. As an update I took the plunge and did a factory reset. Then very carefully repeated the Media Monkey sync, though this time I checked to include all Album Art in ID3 tags, rather than in a folder.

So far so good. Phone is actually performing better than it has in months, which makes sense I guess. Did take about 3 hours of setting everything up again though.