Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Was thinking about the promises Motorola broke when I thought of something.

What if there was an ulterior motive for them not giving the phones the ICS update? What if they have something in store for us later on down the road? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is certainly a possibility. What do you think?

Motorola Photon 4G
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Was thinking about the promises Motorola broke when I thought of something.

Anyone?

Motorola Photon 4G

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default Re: Was thinking about the promises Motorola broke when I thought of something.

Yeah, they've got a plan for us: we can shut the f--- up and buy another Motorola phone. That's the only idea they have for everyone they tricked into buying a Photon.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Yeah, they've got a plan for us: we can shut the f--- up and buy another Motorola phone. That's the only idea they have for everyone they tricked into buying a Photon.
    LMAO!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Positive thinking people. This is a "What if" situation. Lets try to be optimistic for a bit.

Motorola Photon 4G

What a brilliant move. Moto's plan is to delay updates for many many months, pissing off their customers. Then announce that they are totally abandoning them which drives them to total anger. Then spit on them by offering the $100 insult. Then finally convince them that they are a dishonest company by claiming (falsely) that the hardware can't support ICS so all of this was really for the customer's benefit.

BUT, and this is the genius part, after destroying their reputation and being smeared in the media, they will then jump out from behind a curtain and yell "SURPRISE! Just kidding. We have a present for you."

Hmmmm... I don't think so. I like your optimism, but reality seem to run counter to your desire.

Maybe instead more Moto employees will leak code because they are embarrassed by their employers actions.

:-(
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have to admit, you have a good point.

Motorola Photon 4G

Moto motto is "we lie you buy"

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    tyrekegod likes this.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM

Okay, so as a Photon owner myself, and one that is forever in 3G (moving forward past WiMax) I have to tell you guys, Im going to pick up a Nexus 4 and try prepaid for awhile. Has anyone else considered?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Derek_B likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    Okay, so as a Photon owner myself, and one that is forever in 3G (moving forward past WiMax) I have to tell you guys, Im going to pick up a Nexus 4 and try prepaid for awhile. Has anyone else considered?

I've tried prepaid. I actually prefer it over Sprint. The only problem is i always seem to run out of minutes. Seeing as I wont be able to upgrade until next December, I guess I'll have to wait for the next Nexus phone that comes out, as the Nexus 4 will most likely be surpassed by then.

Motorola Photon 4G
    TheUI likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

1. No resources to develop and test the build. (layoffs at Motorola)
    2. Sales numbers for the phone not enough to justify supporting a new version of Android.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    1. No resources to develop and test the build. (layoffs at Motorola)
    2. Sales numbers for the phone not enough to justify supporting a new version of Android.
    What are you responding to? I am a bit confused...

Motorola Photon 4G
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    What are you responding to? I am a bit confused...

Motorola Photon 4G
    Unless you buy a new Motorola phone, there is nothing for you down the road from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Unless you buy a new Motorola phone, there is nothing for you down the road from Motorola.

Unfortunately. I was looking at the N4 so I might just get that and not have to worry about things for a while. There are a few options in that direction. But as my upgrade date is Dec next year, i figure there will be a better phone by then.

Motorola Photon 4G

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM

I've tried prepaid. I actually prefer it over Sprint. The only problem is i always seem to run out of minutes. Seeing as I wont be able to upgrade until next December, I guess I'll have to wait for the next Nexus phone that comes out, as the Nexus 4 will most likely be surpassed by then.

Motorola Photon 4G
    I posted a link over in the Nexus 4 forums that explains prepaid in a little more detail, and some of our great community members have also added to it, so if you want to look around at some prepaid options that suit your needs better, theres a good amount of info over there.

And yes, I'm sure the N5 will be awesome!

Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    I posted a link over in the Nexus 4 forums that explains prepaid in a little more detail, and some of our great community members have also added to it, so if you want to look around at some prepaid options that suit your needs better, theres a good amount of info over there.

And yes, I'm sure the N5 will be awesome!

A Nexus 5 would certainly be awesome. The Photon is the biggest phone I have had, so a 5 inch screen is quite a big step to take lol

Motorola Photon 4G
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Would you mind linking that topic?

Motorola Photon 4G

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

What if there was an ulterior motive for them not giving the phones the ICS update? What if they have something in store for us later on down the road? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is certainly a possibility. What do you think?

Motorola Photon 4G
    No. Motorola obviously planned and executed this.

Note: Not only did Motorola promise ICS -- and keep promising it beyond the date they first promised it, but just before they published that the Photon would not get ICS, they pushed an over-the-air update that locked the phone to Gingerbread.

They did not just fail to keep their promises, they actively created a situation which prevented Photon users from upgrading their own phones.

They are not following their new owners motto: Don't be evil.
    Thanked by:
    nathaniz and Derek_B like this.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    No. Motorola obviously planned and executed this.

Note: Not only did Motorola promise ICS -- and keep promising it beyond the date they first promised it, but just before they published that the Photon would not get ICS, they pushed an over-the-air update that locked the phone to Gingerbread.

They did not just fail to keep their promises, they actively created a situation which prevented Photon users from upgrading their own phones.

They are not following their new owners motto: Don't be evil.
    You are spot on. This is deceptive and malicious activity on their part. I will NEVER buy another Motorola phone unless it is clear from the beginning that I can unlock it.

The $100 trade in is an insult. They owe me much more than that. I estimate that I should get at least $300 cash! When I have time, I may check into filing in small claims court.

If they would just provide an unlock for the bootloader I would continue to use this phone with a custom ROM. Everyone would be happy.
    Palm 300 -> 600 -> 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo 4G -> Photon -> Optimus G
    HP Touchpad -> Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    nathaniz likes this.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

The unfortunate part is that if they were going to do that they would have by now. They don't care.

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Well, I had come to the decision! I will try to get out of contract from Sprint without paying the fees for that! If it works I will get the Nexus 4 with T-Mobile.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards (and deserve to go to hell!) using Android Central Forums
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhasty View Post

The $100 trade in is an insult. They owe me much more than that. I estimate that I should get at least $300 cash! When I have time, I may check into filing in small claims court.

LOL!!!

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Sales numbers for the phone not enough to justify supporting a new version of Android.
    They only sold a millions of Tegra2 phones world wide. That's surely not enough to justify updating any of them even though every other manufacturer that released T2 phones managed to at least update some on them.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
    They only sold a millions of Tegra2 phones world wide. That's surely not enough to justify updating any of them even though every other manufacturer that released T2 phones managed to at least update some on them.
    But they probably sold way more OMAP phones.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Still not a valid argument though. It's not a matter of units sold as other manufacturers that sold far fewer T2 based devices were able to update theirs. It's also not a matter of it can't be done. If an untrained person can dev and release almost completely stable ROMs (missing source for HW acc and camera) in his spare time there is absolutely no reason why a team of paid/trained professionals cannot. One halfway decent dev with source could of had it done in a matter of days. The Photon and Electrify are so close the the base code is interchangeable and with source and some extra work can be made to function on the Atrix. You can scriptkiddy a semi functional port with nothing more than copy/paste of very basic commands.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast