USB Mass Storage not being recognized.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I would connect my photon to my PC the options would come up if I wanted just to charge or "USB Mass Storage" and the others. When I would pick USB Mass Storage two volumes would come up and I would be able to browse them. Now I have no idea why whenever I connect my phone the options dont come up AT ALL. The phone is charging, but I dont get the options on my phone and neither of the partitions come up on my PC. It is the same for OSX.

I connect it and it seems like it wants to do something but then nothing happens the "preparing usb storage" thing just dissapears. But it charges when connected to Windows and OSX both.

Any idea how to fix this? I installed a Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App but I dont think that has anything to do with it

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I would connect my photon to my PC the options would come up if I wanted just to charge or "USB Mass Storage" and the others. When I would pick USB Mass Storage two volumes would come up and I would be able to browse them. Now I have no idea why whenever I connect my phone the options dont come up AT ALL. The phone is charging, but I dont get the options on my phone and neither of the partitions come up on my PC. It is the same for OSX.

I connect it and it seems like it wants to do something but then nothing happens the "preparing usb storage" thing just dissapears. But it charges when connected to Windows and OSX both.

Any idea how to fix this? I installed a Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App but I dont think that has anything to do with it

1) I would suggest a battery pull for 15 minutes, it should clear up any corrupted data
2) Try another USB Cable and USB port, don't connect to a hub

I assumed you rebooted & have defragged your PC, I have had this as your issue

Last remove "Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App", shut off phone & battery pull again

I do find corruption a common problem especially in issues like this, so try the above.

Hope that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar