Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB Mass Storage not being recognized.

Whenever I would connect my photon to my PC the options would come up if I wanted just to charge or "USB Mass Storage" and the others. When I would pick USB Mass Storage two volumes would come up and I would be able to browse them. Now I have no idea why whenever I connect my phone the options dont come up AT ALL. The phone is charging, but I dont get the options on my phone and neither of the partitions come up on my PC. It is the same for OSX.

I connect it and it seems like it wants to do something but then nothing happens the "preparing usb storage" thing just dissapears. But it charges when connected to Windows and OSX both.

Any idea how to fix this? I installed a Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App but I dont think that has anything to do with it

Default Re: USB Mass Storage not being recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaSands View Post
    Whenever I would connect my photon to my PC the options would come up if I wanted just to charge or "USB Mass Storage" and the others. When I would pick USB Mass Storage two volumes would come up and I would be able to browse them. Now I have no idea why whenever I connect my phone the options dont come up AT ALL. The phone is charging, but I dont get the options on my phone and neither of the partitions come up on my PC. It is the same for OSX.

I connect it and it seems like it wants to do something but then nothing happens the "preparing usb storage" thing just dissapears. But it charges when connected to Windows and OSX both.

Any idea how to fix this? I installed a Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App but I dont think that has anything to do with it
    1) I would suggest a battery pull for 15 minutes, it should clear up any corrupted data
    2) Try another USB Cable and USB port, don't connect to a hub

I assumed you rebooted & have defragged your PC, I have had this as your issue

Last remove "Yahoo Basketball Fantasy App", shut off phone & battery pull again

I do find corruption a common problem especially in issues like this, so try the above.

Hope that helps

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX