Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching Camera shot????

Some how this changed on me, I have always held the phone sideways and taken pics or videos without issues. Now when I do it, it appears normal but records sideways, can not find the options to change this so that when I flip phone the image or videos take the media in the same angle the cam is facing.

Default Re: Switching Camera shot????

I do not have this issue, except in specific instances. I just tested in both Portrait and Landscape, vid and pics took in the aspect I held the phone, and I couldn't find a specific setting to make this happen. BUT, if I attempt to photograph something on a table from straight above, the accelerometer changes the aspect unexpectedly, and I don't know until reviewing the pic. To overcome, I auto-focus with the phone held closer to perpendicular to the surface to be photographed, THEN turn the camera to face the object/surface in parallel.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Is the auto rotate turned off?

Sent from my G-Note 2

I can't answer why, but I would at least try a battery pull to clear up any corruption.

If you still have the issue, just download a free camera / video APP like Camera ICS+ or FX Camera
    I have both the above apps & they work well.

Hope that may help

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX