Startup getting longer

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Photon 4G. A while ago, I measured the time it took to start my phone from the Motorola logo to the time it shows the lockscreen when I measured it then, it was around 5 minutes and 30 seconds. I timed it just now and it took 9 minutes and 27 seconds. Can anyone explain why it is doing this?

Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint Photon 4G. A while ago, I measured the time it took to start my phone from the Motorola logo to the time it shows the lockscreen when I measured it then, it was around 5 minutes and 30 seconds. I timed it just now and it took 9 minutes and 27 seconds. Can anyone explain why it is doing this?

Have you added more apps since the last time

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
5 minutes? That's unheard of... used to take mine no longer than 45 seconds. Go into recovery and clear cache.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I get to recovery?

With power off. Volume up + home button..while still holding those press and hold power till it brings you to recovery....wipe cache partiton .nothing else

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
With power off. Volume up + home button..while still holding those press and hold power till it brings you to recovery....wipe cache partiton .nothing else

Did that and now it says" Starting RSD protocol support" at the top and the regular Motorola logo with "dual core technology" underneath. And it has remained this way for the past 12 minutes.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did that and now it says" Starting RSD protocol support" at the top and the regular Motorola logo with "dual core technology" underneath. And it has remained this way for the past 12 minutes.

Oh im sorry different phone. Just battery pull and restart. Ill look up your device when i get home

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok here we go
Remove battery or shut the phone off
Hold down power button/ and volume down at the same time till /fastboot/ shows up at the top of the screen
Using volume down button to shuffle through boot options find android recovery and use volume up button to enter start android recovery mode
A android and a exclamation point with a triangle surrounding it should show up on the screen after a couple of seconds.now hold volume down and up buttons at the same time. Using power button to select and volume down to scroll-wipe cache partion (or something like that).

again don't wipe phone data cause that may fix your problem but you will be upset lol

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Got this after i rebooted it.

oLggg.png

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
What hapoens when you hit force close

Idk. I hit wait and nothing bad happened. Btw, the wipe cache thing didn't do anything. It still took around 10 minutes to get to the lock screen.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. Well still the only thing i can.think of is to factory wipe........ actually try to restart again tell me if it's still a long boot

Currently seeing if removing some apps I don't use very much to see if that helps. Will update when finished.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante