Argh. Sleep of Death.

bertoid

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The "sleep of death" has reared its ugly head again. Happened twice in a row yesterday, and a few other times over the past month. Five times total. Hadn't seen it for almost two years. (This was the third phone that I got when the Photon first came out, with the first two showing the SoD right away. I was able to swap them out, fortunately.)

Still, it seems a fitting end to the Photon. Good thing I only have a week left on my contract. I'll never buy Motorola again.

-m-

--
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

bertoid

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Argh. Screen of Death.

D'oh! Been so long I forgot the name of the problem. "Sleep of Death". Not screen of death...

--
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

So you are simply unable to turn it back on? Mine has been acting funky for a while now. I will click on a contact to dial and it just stares back at me. It may or may not go ahead and dial, sometimes minutes later after I have given up and gone about my business. Also when I press the power button to wake the phone, the screen remains black, but I have found that if I swipe to unlock even on the black screen, it unlocks and acts normally. This second is why I responded to you, is this similar to what you speak of?

bertoid

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I've seen that as well, but the real problem is the sleep of death, where it stops working and nothing but a battery pull will restore it. Once I do that (the battery pull) it's OK for a while. Usually. Just need to make time to go check out the HTC One now and get rid of the photon failure.