The "I was going to get the Evo 3D" Thread

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me? Unlocked bootloader? No 3D, so I can tell girls what kind of phone I have?..

Why wouldn't I buy this phone. Plus it looks good, I really like the shape of it. Seperates it from other phones that are out there. I'm not going to lie, if the Samsung GSII is released or announced with in a reasonable time frame I might get that one instead but.. For as far as I can see I'm going to get the Photon.

Sprint has quite a line up of phones..

Bamba1260

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean "...scratch that unlockable bootloader thing"?

EDIT:
Alright so your right, no unlocked bootloader. That sucks. Guess its still the EVO 3D for me. 1.2Ghz should be fun anyways, right?

Last edited:

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Lol almost moto......almost
Would have maybe considered if the boot loader was unlocked. the 3d is still better imo even if the photon was unlocked
Sent from my half dead hero with aospGB using Tapatalk

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe im the only person who doesnt care about the bootloader and cant wait for this phone

The photon is basically the same phone as the Droid Bionic with the only difference being it has a smaller screen (4.5 vs 4.3).

Also the new updated Motoblur on Gingerbread looks much nicer than all previous versions so far.

Definitely cant wait for this phone

Reactions: fred1955

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know what it means that the bootloader isn't unlocked. So I guess it doesn't matter to me.

I love the look of this. Motorola has always been my favorite phone builder, and I was gonna go for the EVO3D but I really don't like 3d stuff, so I think this is a better option.

Ejay62

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been wanting a good phone from moto for a while. I'm on my 7th evo4g and can't stand it. Everyone of them has had hardware issues, oh and I use the seidio convert ext bat case. The evo3d looks like an awesome phone, I just cant bring myself to trust htc... Motos phones just seem better built. Maybe that's just me...

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the Photon because of the Tegra 2 chipset. I can play those Tegra exclusive games like Riptide GP that I already bought on my Xoom.

vr6chris

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
...I'm on my 7th evo4g and can't stand it...I just cant bring myself to trust htc...

I'm still on my 1st Evo 4G, but it's been out to HTC for repairs for six weeks (long story). It took until the 8th business day after they received my phone to get a call with the diagnosis. I authorized (and was charged for) the repairs on the morning of June 1st and I have not yet been notified that the phone is repaired and being shipped back to me. I was all set to get an Evo 3D, but I don't feel that they are providing sufficient and appropriate support for their products. So now I'm planning to get a Photon instead.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Evo 3d wasn't something I was planning on looking into, but my next device will likely either be this or the Samsung Within.

clarkkent434

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe im the only person who doesnt care about the bootloader and cant wait for this phone

The photon is basically the same phone as the Droid Bionic with the only difference being it has a smaller screen (4.5 vs 4.3).

Also the new updated Motoblur on Gingerbread looks much nicer than all previous versions so far.

Definitely cant wait for this phone

I agree with about this being a slightly smaller Droid Bionic. The unlock boot-loader does not mean much. Motorola did not say that that they will later provided the unlocking software in future updates. But i think a bigger issue is signed boot-loaders compared to unsigned breech-loaders. HTC usually does not use use signed boot-loaders which means you can flash any zip file in recovery but Motorola does. That is why some phone Motorola phone have been limited Roms and kernels compared to HTC phones.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me? Unlocked bootloader? No 3D, so I can tell girls what kind of phone I have?..Why wouldn't I buy this phone. Plus it looks good, I really like the shape of it. Seperates it from other phones that are out there. I'm not going to lie, if the Samsung GSII is released or announced with in a reasonable time frame I might get that one instead but.. For as far as I can see I'm going to get the Photon.

Sprint has quite a line up of phones..

lmao! best line i've seen all day!

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Motorola did not say that that they will later provided the unlocking software in future updates.

Moto is now supposedly saying they will try to unlock ALL bootloaders even on devices previously released if the carriers will allow it and it passes their system tests.

I really an interested in this device. Especially if the laptop dock is compatible. Although, some of the things I've read about the dock are not that flattering it might get better with some updates.

clarkkent434

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Moto is now supposedly saying they will try to unlock ALL bootloaders even on devices previously released if the carriers will allow it and it passes their system tests.

I really an interested in this device. Especially if the laptop dock is compatible. Although, some of the things I've read about the dock are not that flattering it might get better with some updates.

I think the Photon will be a great phone and will get the better when bootloader becomes unlocked.

I know that i will be getting a Photon. Because I think the Evo 3D is not bad but the 3D is what killed it for me. I know that that 3D screen turns the 3d automatically. I also heard on the Engadet podcast that LG Optimus 3D when the screen is in 3D mode cuts the pixels in half:(. Think about if you had 3D apps, walpapers, widests, etc the screen quality would be not much better than the Evo 4g in pixels all the time:'(. The Evo 3D should be similar 3D screen as the Optimus 3D. But the AC staff can confirm on probably the pixel change. Just my thoughts.