Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The "I was going to get the Evo 3D" Thread

Are you kidding me? Unlocked bootloader? No 3D, so I can tell girls what kind of phone I have?..

Why wouldn't I buy this phone. Plus it looks good, I really like the shape of it. Seperates it from other phones that are out there. I'm not going to lie, if the Samsung GSII is released or announced with in a reasonable time frame I might get that one instead but.. For as far as I can see I'm going to get the Photon.

Sprint has quite a line up of phones..

yea ummm scratch that unlockable bootloader thing

What do you mean "...scratch that unlockable bootloader thing"?

EDIT:
    Alright so your right, no unlocked bootloader. That sucks. Guess its still the EVO 3D for me. 1.2Ghz should be fun anyways, right?
    Last edited by Bamba1260; 06-09-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Lol almost moto......almost
    Would have maybe considered if the boot loader was unlocked. the 3d is still better imo even if the photon was unlocked
    Sent from my half dead hero with aospGB using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Maybe im the only person who doesnt care about the bootloader and cant wait for this phone

The photon is basically the same phone as the Droid Bionic with the only difference being it has a smaller screen (4.5 vs 4.3).

Also the new updated Motoblur on Gingerbread looks much nicer than all previous versions so far.

Definitely cant wait for this phone
    Thanked by:
    ScandaLeX likes this.

I don't even know what it means that the bootloader isn't unlocked. So I guess it doesn't matter to me.

I love the look of this. Motorola has always been my favorite phone builder, and I was gonna go for the EVO3D but I really don't like 3d stuff, so I think this is a better option.

I've been wanting a good phone from moto for a while. I'm on my 7th evo4g and can't stand it. Everyone of them has had hardware issues, oh and I use the seidio convert ext bat case. The evo3d looks like an awesome phone, I just cant bring myself to trust htc... Motos phones just seem better built. Maybe that's just me...

I like the Photon because of the Tegra 2 chipset. I can play those Tegra exclusive games like Riptide GP that I already bought on my Xoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejay62 View Post
    ...I'm on my 7th evo4g and can't stand it...I just cant bring myself to trust htc...
    I'm still on my 1st Evo 4G, but it's been out to HTC for repairs for six weeks (long story). It took until the 8th business day after they received my phone to get a call with the diagnosis. I authorized (and was charged for) the repairs on the morning of June 1st and I have not yet been notified that the phone is repaired and being shipped back to me. I was all set to get an Evo 3D, but I don't feel that they are providing sufficient and appropriate support for their products. So now I'm planning to get a Photon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtyin3 View Post
    I like the Photon because of the Tegra 2 chipset. I can play those Tegra exclusive games like Riptide GP that I already bought on my Xoom.

This is another good reason, my Xoom is fast and the build quality is awesome!

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This will be my next phone

Evo 3d wasn't something I was planning on looking into, but my next device will likely either be this or the Samsung Within.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre3001 View Post
    Maybe im the only person who doesnt care about the bootloader and cant wait for this phone

The photon is basically the same phone as the Droid Bionic with the only difference being it has a smaller screen (4.5 vs 4.3).

Also the new updated Motoblur on Gingerbread looks much nicer than all previous versions so far.

Definitely cant wait for this phone
    I agree with about this being a slightly smaller Droid Bionic. The unlock boot-loader does not mean much. Motorola did not say that that they will later provided the unlocking software in future updates. But i think a bigger issue is signed boot-loaders compared to unsigned breech-loaders. HTC usually does not use use signed boot-loaders which means you can flash any zip file in recovery but Motorola does. That is why some phone Motorola phone have been limited Roms and kernels compared to HTC phones.

ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tuna83 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Unlocked bootloader? No 3D, so I can tell girls what kind of phone I have?..Why wouldn't I buy this phone. Plus it looks good, I really like the shape of it. Seperates it from other phones that are out there. I'm not going to lie, if the Samsung GSII is released or announced with in a reasonable time frame I might get that one instead but.. For as far as I can see I'm going to get the Photon.

Sprint has quite a line up of phones..
    lmao! best line i've seen all day!

I think I will hold off and get the Motorola. Evo 3D really not doing it for me this time. I still am loving my Epic.

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by king5697 View Post
    I think I will hold off and get the Motorola. Evo 3D really not doing it for me this time. I still am loving my Epic.
    +1
    I am going for Motorola Photon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent434 View Post
    Motorola did not say that that they will later provided the unlocking software in future updates.
    Moto is now supposedly even on devices previously released if the carriers will allow it and it passes their system tests.

I really an interested in this device. Especially if the laptop dock is compatible. Although, some of the things I've read about the dock are not that flattering it might get better with some updates.

Quote Originally Posted by wirelessness View Post
    Moto is now supposedly even on devices previously released if the carriers will allow it and it passes their system tests.

I really an interested in this device. Especially if the laptop dock is compatible. Although, some of the things I've read about the dock are not that flattering it might get better with some updates.

I think the Photon will be a great phone and will get the better when bootloader becomes unlocked.

I know that i will be getting a Photon. Because I think the Evo 3D is not bad but the 3D is what killed it for me. I know that that 3D screen . I also heard on the Engadet podcast that LG Optimus 3D when the screen is in 3D mode cuts the pixels in half. Think about if you had 3D apps, walpapers, widests, etc the screen quality would be not much better than the Evo 4g in pixels all the time. The Evo 3D should be similar 3D screen as the Optimus 3D. But the AC staff can confirm on probably the pixel change. Just my thoughts.

ROM
    Not Yet

I was set on the Galaxy S II until this announcement but now Im torn. Bye bye Evo SHift

Photon and Evo 3D both only shoot 720p. its official. and now even more of a draw.

Oh but the 16gb internal memory and the fact that nvidea gives great support to gaming devs makes the photon the clear choice for me. plus I am hoping to be able to plug this phone into tvs and play games on the big screen but that is only if it will be able to display the stuff on the phone ie the home screens and whatever is open on the phone and not just movies and pics

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

evo 3d isnt worth the hype and i wasnt impressed...i already used it for few days already had few issues like blank screen and htc sense force closes...im over it..its time for on to the next one....

Quote Originally Posted by eze036 View Post
    evo 3d isnt worth the hype and i wasnt impressed...i already used it for few days already had few issues like blank screen and htc sense force closes...im over it..its time for on to the next one....
    eze,was the reception and phone performance on your EVO 3D as bad as a lot of the early reviews seem to suggest?
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

Its hard to say which device is better. I like Sense more than I like motoblur. But I like the hardware better on the Photon. If you slap launcher pro on this thing, it should be the better buy. But we will see which phone has the most issues.

Also, I think that it is interesting that the Photon has a kickstand and the new EVO doesn't.
    JerryCMancuso likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast