WiiMote feature for the Photon 4G

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys ,
I've found this video on YouTube posted by NVIDIA , about controlling games (Tegra Zone games to exact) using the Wii Remote (WiiMote)
It wasn't listed among the features of the phone or mentioned in the Hands-On video , So I thought I share it with you guys

the WiiMote connects to the Photon 4G via BlueTooth without the need for emulators or hacks or anything like that (Supported outta the box)
& it can be used to play games on HDTVs (Via the HDMI port , I don't know about DLNA\WI-FI since it wasn't mentioned in the video) or the phone's own 4.3" screen , your choice really

It will be like the Photon 4G got it own GamePad which will make it a strong competitor against the Xperia Play & add to that the hardware advantages of the Photon 4G over the Xperia play :
(NVIDIA Dual-Core CPU , RAM : 1GHz , ROM : 16GB , 4.3" screen , bigger battery : 1750 mAh , HDMI port , 8MB camera , HD recording , ...etc)
It could be the ultimate media phone (minus the 3D camera)

You know Motorola can use this & create their own BlueTooth GamePad

just watch the video & you will see what i mean

So far its working with "Riptide GP" , but by the time the Photon is released , there will be more games to use this concept

YouTube - ‪Sprint Photon 4G Bluetooth game controller demo - A game console in your pocket‬‏

Last edited:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Wonder how you connect a Wii remote to the handset. I saw a couple of YouTube videos but it looks like there is another WiiRemote app that has to get installed. I don't think there is a way to put a Wii Remote in paring mode, so there has to be some process for getting in connected. Also, the game would have to be designed to accept input from an analog device/controller. So, I'm not sure how well this would work on other games that may not have this functionality designed into it.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Wonder how you connect a Wii remote to the handset. I saw a couple of YouTube videos but it looks like there is another WiiRemote app that has to get installed. I don't think there is a way to put a Wii Remote in paring mode, so there has to be some process for getting in connected. Also, the game would have to be designed to accept input from an analog device/controller. So, I'm not sure how well this would work on other games that may not have this functionality designed into it.

I don't know yet , but in the video he made it sounds like it have this feature comes in the Photon 4G
Especially when the game is already compatible with it , which leads me to think that they have planned this when they developed the game & the Photon have some sort of a way to connect to it

by the way :
Do you happened to be "ShonnInAustin" in YouTube ?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That's hot. So what is being shown is that it will work but only with T2 games only or do you think it will work with other emulators? What I find a little disappointing is that Sprint who Owns Virgin MO got the Triumph as a Blur free phone but didn't get the Photon unlocked. But hopefully soon it will be.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Why this wouldn't work with any device powerful enough to play the games and with a bluetooth stack supporting wiimotes? I know some games are developed for the tegra2, so unless there is a reliable hack to play on other devices it may be exclusive to the photon for sprint customers. But all the magic of this is in the game software.

If the phone can mirror HDMI and support a wiimote, then any phone can do this. But this is where nvidia has the edge. They got in bed with enough developers to make their phones cooler than the other guys. Its too bad the developers are missing out on 2/3 the dual-core market though.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know yet , but in the video he made it sounds like it have this feature comes in the Photon 4G
Especially when the game is already compatible with it , which leads me to think that they have planned this when they developed the game & the Photon have some sort of a way to connect to it

by the way :
Do you happened to be "ShonnInAustin" in YouTube ?

Sorry for the late response, but yes that is my screen name in YouTube! I did post the same question in the video on YouTube as well.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Why this wouldn't work with any device powerful enough to play the games and with a bluetooth stack supporting wiimotes? I know some games are developed for the tegra2, so unless there is a reliable hack to play on other devices it may be exclusive to the photon for sprint customers. But all the magic of this is in the game software.

If the phone can mirror HDMI and support a wiimote, then any phone can do this. But this is where nvidia has the edge. They got in bed with enough developers to make their phones cooler than the other guys. Its too bad the developers are missing out on 2/3 the dual-core market though.

I think it depends on the encryption with the chipsets. I know the iPhones can but I don't know about other devices.

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i tried connecting my Wiimote to my Photon this morning and sure nuff, it works. If I may add too, I didn't download any of the wiimote apps from the market store, it connects just fine.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i tried connecting my Wiimote to my Photon this morning and sure nuff, it works. If I may add too, I didn't download any of the wiimote apps from the market store, it connects just fine.

i'v e tried to do it myself without using the wiimote controller apk from the market. it asks me for a pin, i try the ones it suggests 0000 and 1234 and they don't work. how did you do it exactly?

mgiven

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

Just using bluetooth with no downloaded app it DOES recognize the Wii remotes. It asks for the password to pair, but it doesn't work on any games I've tried.

I then used the Wii remote app from CCP that everyone seems to be using. It found the remote and I followed all the steps. In Riptide the only button that does anything is the B button pauses and unpauses the game.

Any ideas?

ogbetua

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Just using bluetooth with no downloaded app it DOES recognize the Wii remotes. It asks for the password to pair, but it doesn't work on any games I've tried.

I then used the Wii remote app from CCP that everyone seems to be using. It found the remote and I followed all the steps. In Riptide the only button that does anything is the B button pauses and unpauses the game.

Any ideas?
I only got mine to work after installing BluezIME

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Bluezime works with riptide but wiimote controller app will not tho that app works with the emulators that I have

Any ideas?

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How exactly are you guys getting this to work? I installed bluez and got it to recognize my wiimote but it doesnt work. Anyone have step by step instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair