Photon Battery Life
04-29-2012 02:01 AM
- I used to use Juice Defender and it was good, but I found it connected the WiFi and 3G slowly. I downloaded an app called Greenpower, which is like Juice Defender and more or less does the same thing. I got the paid version. Works really good and seems to be as effective as JD, although I can't say for sure which one is better. Greenpower definitely is faster and turning on 3G, but Wifi has been a bit of an issue as it doesn't always come back on.11-11-2011 07:23 PM
- I was toying with that when I was on the defective batt, and will try it again soon.
New battery update (day1):
2.5 hours of calls
took 15 pics
checked email, FB, twitter, each a dozen times or so
updated calendar, etc.
13 hours unplugged - 20% batt remaining...now that's more like it!
3 hours off the charger, 3 x 10 min phone calls, <65% batt remaining11-23-2011 01:54 PM
- My Photon is only a week old, so far so good. I consistently get a full day of use, but I keep everything but the cell phone radio off while at work because there is virtually no signal in my building, so the signal hunting would probably kill the battery quickly (as it does EVERY cell phone that enters that building).
Only one person mentioned something that I think is a big factor, though...this phone charges up extremely quickly. Whatever juice I lose throughout the day is replenished in the car charger as I drive from place to place, and just popping it on the home charger gives it juice quick (full charge from almost dead in about 2 hours). Alot of other phones take 4-8 hours to go from dead to 100%.11-28-2011 11:45 AM
Below is a copy of the graph at 10% left (taken with my LG Optimus S and then e-mailed to my Yahoo account). Currently still has 10% at half an hour later after this was taken, and I generally charge a little after 5% left.
Also, I am using the phone's Task Manager to auto kill apps 2 minutes after the screen shuts off.12-02-2011 11:17 PM
One I just installed: https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw
What I've had on the phone the last couple days: https://market.android.com/details?i....batterywidget
However, I've uninstalled the Battery Monitor Widget and installed the Battery Circle.12-03-2011 12:21 AM
- Any way you guys can help me with answering these questions?
Battery life: ????
Charging time: ???
I don't really use for more than FB and e-mail. So I get 4hrs
When I don't use it much i get 6-8hrs
Anyone hate charging takes too long? like 5hrs+ imo from 10-100%12-08-2011 10:28 PM
- Before installing JD (which has helped tremendously) I tried out a few different battery status programs. They all gave me 1% increment notifications. Now with JD I'm getting changes ever 10%. I have installed several different status programs and they are all doing the same thing... What setting did I mess up in JD to cause this???12-09-2011 04:21 PM
- 12-10-2011 05:48 PM
- I use mine all day and can browse several websites, constantly check facebook, have it constantly sync and for a bit I had the screen on without ever turning off and it would easily last 9hrs w/o a charge and now that I do the same but just have the screen turn off after 30seconds I go easily a day+ without charging, I could never do that with my evo design it would die in less than a day if I left it in standby just syncing and minor fb. I would browse a few pages or comment on fb and literally watch the battery go from full to 50% in minutes.04-04-2012 04:17 PM
Any chance that I'm missing a setting change here that would make this app usable for me? I've been optimizing my phone for better battery life and wouldn't mind switching apps if I didn't lose any functionality in the process of doing so.04-04-2012 08:56 PM
- I'll try out the built in app and see.
I literally never really think to plug the phone in when I'm always on wifi and even using 4G in dallas all day I still don't with constant webrowsing and FBing. On my Evo Design I literally wouldn't even risk going to bed without it being plugged in or leaving the house without a charger.04-04-2012 10:01 PMLike 1
- Thank you for checking. I always hate finding out about a good feature late but it looks like it's not there.
I hope Motorola updates their social apps to have feature parity with at least the official versions of the original apps or the mobile versions of the websites.04-05-2012 02:56 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Sprint Photon
Photon Battery Life
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD