Is there a reason Sprint didn't release a date like Verizon and T-Mobile did?

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why Sprint is being mum about the release. It seems to me, a new released cell phone should be released to all carriers the same time. I realize they have to put their own apps and work their network into the phones, but there is no reason why Sprint hasn't at least said a specific month. All that has been said is "Fall." It might be conjecture, but I hope they are not too focused on the iPhone 5S release and forget that the Note is probably more anticipated (at least in the circles I come across) than any other phone. If anyone is in the know, it'd be nice to hear some comments.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm baffled by this. Sprint is usually the first ones to release a phone that isn't exclusive to one carrier. On the other hand, they are the worst carrier in my opinion. It's a catch 22.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was kinda hoping that Sprint would get it like September 30 because we've had the latest release date announcement. Probably not but I can dream right?

Posted via Android Central App

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted to Sprint and they replied with "We like to be different! But....." And then a link too their informational registry that gives nothing away.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Their strategy hasn't really been good lately. With the Moto X they said, hey it's here! And released it the following day, AFTER Verizon has already released it. They were amazing about the S3, Note 2, and S4 release, I don't understand why they would be terrible now.

Sincerely,
A 15 year Sprint customer...who isn't pleased, lol

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why Sprint is being mum about the release. It seems to me, a new released cell phone should be released to all carriers the same time. I realize they have to put their own apps and work their network into the phones, but there is no reason why Sprint hasn't at least said a specific month. All that has been said is "Fall." It might be conjecture, but I hope they are not too focused on the iPhone 5S release and forget that the Note is probably more anticipated (at least in the circles I come across) than any other phone. If anyone is in the know, it'd be nice to hear some comments.

I strongly doubt the Note phablet is more anticipated then the iPhone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Possible since Verizon was the first to announce and now T-Mo and ATT both are shipping a week or so earlier than Verizon. Now if Verizon just ships before their dates that would be the killer move.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I strongly doubt the Note phablet is more anticipated then the iPhone.

I didn't mean it was more anticipated than the iPhone, but the most anticipated phone that is not an iPhone. So it would be wise if Sprint did not put all of their focus on one phone.

Sprint as a company seems to push the iPhone with more emphasis than any Android phone (when new versions of iPhones come out).

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
They will push whatever phone is going to make them more money at the time. The iPhone will certainly out sell every Android phone released in October combined.

You gotta put your money where you are gonna make the most money.

I wonder what would happen if the iPhone and the next SGS were released in the same month. It would be an interesting battle.

As long as I am holding a note by say mid to late October I am not gonna worry. If they pull a Verizon, they lost a sale

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what Sprint is up to, when I first got my Evo 4G they were all around great.

Now however is almost a polar opposite, Thier customer service seems to be under strict orders to only give useless or nonsense responses, and thier store staff (at least in Boise Idaho) have gone from being helpful knowledgeable people to being brainless Apple fanatics.

I really don't get it....

Sent from my PC36100 using AC Forums mobile app

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
They will push whatever phone is going to make them more money at the time. The iPhone will certainly out sell every Android phone released in October combined.

You gotta put your money where you are gonna make the most money.

I wonder what would happen if the iPhone and the next SGS were released in the same month. It would be an interesting battle.

As long as I am holding a note by say mid to late October I am not gonna worry. If they pull a Verizon, they lost a sale

Here's a secret. They don't make jack shyte on an iPhone sale compared to an Android sale.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
People that consider the Note 3 won't consider the iPhone 5S/C and vice versa. Totally different fan bases and I don't think the sales of one won't take away the sales of the other. A carrier is not too much concerned about what hardware they are selling, they are concerned about selling contracts. Market your network and have all the hot phones and you should be good to go, so there is no reason to think that Sprint, or any other carrier will prefer to sell you one phone over the other, especially with phones that are so different. You can even include the LG G2 in this, it is a competitor to the GS4, not the Note 3. Besides, with the T Mobile and AT&T having announced that they will have their Note 3 on the market by October 1-3, the opening of pre orders for the LG G2 on October 11th with release of probably November has nothing to do with which phone Sprint thinks will sell better. It's not like LG called Sprint and said "hey, we know our other phones weren't big sellers, but this new one is really cool, can you hold back that Samsung Note 3 whose predecessor sold so well, so we can make some money a month AFTER it was release on the other networks"....makes no sense.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just did. I said "@sprintcare Being this different is going to lose a lot of business. And that tells me nothing. That could be the Mega for all I know." Will keep posted.

yeah sprint already confirmed the Mega, yet also with that they have yet to mention a launch date, and the Moto-X went from "No Information" to "Now Available so fast you could get whiplash.....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So the LG g2 is available on the other three carriers today and the sprint version is available for pre order on October 11? Uhm.. That's worse than what happened with the moto x. Moving on to the fruit side of the mobile business, the sprint and Verizon iPhone 5c is already available for pre order.

What's going on? I can't remember sprint being so slow to the game when it comes to high end Android devices.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This is ridiculous. If we can't even preorder the this until a month after the other carriers get it (like with the G2) then thats the last straw for me with Sprint.