Where is the Sprint Announcement???

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's my prediction, though I hope I'm wrong. Sprint pushes the G2 without immediately releasing the Note 3, like Verizon did with the DNA/Note 2 last year. Sprint releases Note 3 in Black, White, and Pink (week 43 availability) in late October. Of course I'm just speculating :)

Sent from my SGNote2 using Tapatalk

mikejnger#AC

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope it doesnt get pushed out that far. Just sold off my Iphone 5 on ebay and rocking the old Samsung Nexus 4G which can not handle many of todays apps very well. Excited for a fast Android experience again.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt that. Sprint has never even as late with a new phone like Verizon has, they just can't afford it. Too many people would run to another carrier because they want the phone right now. Most people who buy the phone will be out if contract and there's nothing to hold them at sprint when the wait for the Note 3 gets to be too long.

It also doesn't make sense to withhold a phone with a proven track record of sales for another phone that doesn't have one, especially considering the the pre orders for the LG g2 only start on October 11 at which point at least two of the other carriers had the note 3 for sale for over a week.

I am hoping they will announce everything some time this week.

Posted via Android Central App

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If not this week I'm going to cry and throw things and punch through walls. OK not really but I will be quite disheartened.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget they are losing so much money selling iphones it's not funny. Perhaps the SoftBank funds haven't cleared the bank yet so they can't afford to pay Samsung. On a serious note I would suspect they are simply making sure the G2 launch doesn't cannibalize the GN3 launch sales. Granted they are two different user bases and markets, but the carriers are truly clueless and so are their sales people.

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Only reason i want to stick with sprint is for the google voice integrations. BUT If the phone is not in the stores on Oct 1st Sprint will suddenly become 'the carrier i USE to have"

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone here tweeted sprint and they wrote back that they like to be different, someone tweet them again! Calling customer service is pointless since they don't know anything. I asked my buddy at best buy and they had done some pre orders for other carriers but they're not able to do one for sprint yet. Ugh, it was the same weird thing with best buy last year and I landed up having to wait 2 more weeks to get it after the sprint stores had it.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone here tweeted sprint and they wrote back that they like to be different, someone tweet them again! Calling customer service is pointless since they don't know anything. I asked my buddy at best buy and they had done some pre orders for other carriers but they're not able to do one for sprint yet. Ugh, it was the same weird thing with best buy last year and I landed up having to wait 2 more weeks to get it after the sprint stores had it.

I forgot about this and again this is probably NOT the case lol, but what if Sprint meant waiting for the Exynos flavor when they said they like to be different. Again, nonsense speculation :p

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I forgot about this and again this is probably NOT the case lol, but what if Sprint meant waiting for the Exynos flavor when they said they like to be different. Again, nonsense speculation :p

Nobsir, no Exynos flavor due to lack of lte compatibility. If you go to the best buy site you see that the only options for Verizon and AT&T are black and white. No mention of pink, and no mention of the 64 gb version. Holding on to this glimmer of hope in the Sprint tweet, maybe being different means that they will have the pink version, or, even better, the 64 gb version. I'd be willing to wait a week to get the 64 gb version. We will see.

I have been looking all over for any type of info on the pre order but I am coming up empty. I am hoping for someone who knows someone in the know to post a rumor we can look forward too. Good thing Gta5 is less than a week away, at least something to keep me busy and make the wait a little more bearable.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
That was me! And I totally agree that we should just annoy them until they give us what we want.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    250.9 KB · Views: 72

mikejnger#AC

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If I could have already preordered for Sprint I would have. Now that I am already annoyed by no release date I plan to wait to see what the Nexus 5 will offer. My excitement level has diminished.

DulyNoted

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I am a soon to be platform switcher, from iphone 4s to Galaxy Note 3. I was in a local Sprint store (NYC), and the clerk said September 25 when I asked when the Note 3 would be on sale. I think he may have pulled that date out of thin air, or else that is when pre-orders would start - he did not specify. Anyway, I am looking forward to the official announcement with interest.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That's the date they gave for shipping phones to all other countries besides the US and Japan.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
They actually said us was later but if I had to guess the phones are shipped and in containers in the middle of the Pacific somewhere

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463