Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the Sprint Announcement???

This is getting a little rediciouls. Are they still that uncertain of what their final product will be or how it will be loaded?

Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Where is the Sprint Announcement???

I was hoping that there will be an announcement today, and there was one, for the LG G2. :-(

Here's my prediction, though I hope I'm wrong. Sprint pushes the G2 without immediately releasing the Note 3, like Verizon did with the DNA/Note 2 last year. Sprint releases Note 3 in Black, White, and Pink (week 43 availability) in late October. Of course I'm just speculating

Sent from my SGNote2 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I hope it doesnt get pushed out that far. Just sold off my Iphone 5 on ebay and rocking the old Samsung Nexus 4G which can not handle many of todays apps very well. Excited for a fast Android experience again.

Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I highly doubt that. Sprint has never even as late with a new phone like Verizon has, they just can't afford it. Too many people would run to another carrier because they want the phone right now. Most people who buy the phone will be out if contract and there's nothing to hold them at sprint when the wait for the Note 3 gets to be too long.

It also doesn't make sense to withhold a phone with a proven track record of sales for another phone that doesn't have one, especially considering the the pre orders for the LG g2 only start on October 11 at which point at least two of the other carriers had the note 3 for sale for over a week.

I am hoping they will announce everything some time this week.

Posted via Android Central App

If not this week I'm going to cry and throw things and punch through walls. OK not really but I will be quite disheartened.

Don't forget they are losing so much money selling iphones it's not funny. Perhaps the SoftBank funds haven't cleared the bank yet so they can't afford to pay Samsung. On a serious note I would suspect they are simply making sure the G2 launch doesn't cannibalize the GN3 launch sales. Granted they are two different user bases and markets, but the carriers are truly clueless and so are their sales people.
    Galaxy S6 Edge White Pearl 128GB; Moto360 Silver; iPad Air 2 128GB; ZenFone 2 4GB w/ 64GB ROM; MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    iPhone 4S (work phone); AppleTV; Airport Extreme

Only reason i want to stick with sprint is for the google voice integrations. BUT If the phone is not in the stores on Oct 1st Sprint will suddenly become 'the carrier i USE to have"

Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Someone here tweeted sprint and they wrote back that they like to be different, someone tweet them again! Calling customer service is pointless since they don't know anything. I asked my buddy at best buy and they had done some pre orders for other carriers but they're not able to do one for sprint yet. Ugh, it was the same weird thing with best buy last year and I landed up having to wait 2 more weeks to get it after the sprint stores had it.

Thanked by:
    fkpalm 

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Someone here tweeted sprint and they wrote back that they like to be different, someone tweet them again! Calling customer service is pointless since they don't know anything. I asked my buddy at best buy and they had done some pre orders for other carriers but they're not able to do one for sprint yet. Ugh, it was the same weird thing with best buy last year and I landed up having to wait 2 more weeks to get it after the sprint stores had it.

I forgot about this and again this is probably NOT the case lol, but what if Sprint meant waiting for the Exynos flavor when they said they like to be different. Again, nonsense speculation

Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
    I forgot about this and again this is probably NOT the case lol, but what if Sprint meant waiting for the Exynos flavor when they said they like to be different. Again, nonsense speculation

Nobsir, no Exynos flavor due to lack of lte compatibility. If you go to the best buy site you see that the only options for Verizon and AT&T are black and white. No mention of pink, and no mention of the 64 gb version. Holding on to this glimmer of hope in the Sprint tweet, maybe being different means that they will have the pink version, or, even better, the 64 gb version. I'd be willing to wait a week to get the 64 gb version. We will see.

I have been looking all over for any type of info on the pre order but I am coming up empty. I am hoping for someone who knows someone in the know to post a rumor we can look forward too. Good thing Gta5 is less than a week away, at least something to keep me busy and make the wait a little more bearable.

That was me! And I totally agree that we should just annoy them until they give us what we want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where is the Sprint Announcement???-screenshot-6-.png  
    Thanked by:

This article suggests that there is a good reason for the lack of an official date: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Clearing Final Hurdles

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rooted)

Perhaps Verizon will release it sooner than 10/10.
    Galaxy S6 Edge White Pearl 128GB; Moto360 Silver; iPad Air 2 128GB; ZenFone 2 4GB w/ 64GB ROM; MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    iPhone 4S (work phone); AppleTV; Airport Extreme
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

If I could have already preordered for Sprint I would have. Now that I am already annoyed by no release date I plan to wait to see what the Nexus 5 will offer. My excitement level has diminished.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I am a soon to be platform switcher, from iphone 4s to Galaxy Note 3. I was in a local Sprint store (NYC), and the clerk said September 25 when I asked when the Note 3 would be on sale. I think he may have pulled that date out of thin air, or else that is when pre-orders would start - he did not specify. Anyway, I am looking forward to the official announcement with interest.

That's the date Samsung gave for shipping phones

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's the date they gave for shipping phones to all other countries besides the US and Japan.

They actually said us was later but if I had to guess the phones are shipped and in containers in the middle of the Pacific somewhere

Just a heads up, but it looks like the Note 3 on Sprint may not support tri-band LTE.

Sprint Community: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

Not a big deal to some. .. if you are getting note 4 next it will be .... sprint won't have 800mhz or 2500 mhz rolled out in the next year probably .... They should just be turning it on now but they will have to go back to every Tower and update them ... kind of stupid to me that they do it multiple times like they are

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    Just a heads up, but it looks like the Note 3 on Sprint may not support tri-band LTE.

Sprint Community: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmac38 View Post
    Not a big deal to some. .. if you are getting note 4 next it will be .... sprint won't have 800mhz or 2500 mhz rolled out in the next year probably .... They should just be turning it on now but they will have to go back to every Tower and update them ... kind of stupid to me that they do it multiple times like they are

I'd say this. They don't have the best LTE footprint right now so I wouldn't be so worried if it doesn't support the tri-band.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I'd say this. They don't have the best LTE footprint right now so I wouldn't be so worried if it doesn't support the tri-band.

Not unless you're in a strong LTE area (like I am, lol).
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    2013 Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    Not unless you're in a strong LTE area (like I am, lol).
    Same here for Jacksonville (some areas I should say... We are to dang big lol) but I'd still not focus solely on that as a defect for a good phone I'd want. If you're still getting good LTE then gg.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Same here for Jacksonville (some areas I should say... We are to dang big lol) but I'd still not focus solely on that as a defect for a good phone I'd want. If you're still getting good LTE then gg.

Very true. I mean, there are bigger things to gripe about...like it lacking 64bit. lol only joking. Hopefully today is the day that Sprint announces this damn thing.
    2013 Nexus 7
    MannyZ28 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast