Sprint One Up.

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Sprint will be charging a down payment for the Note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

Spoke with sprint rep over the phone, and she mentioned for the one up program we would just need to pay the taxes on the device...
Hope this helps, and hope its accurate, will find out tomorrow

Posted via Android Central App

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Also keep in mind that it's based on your credit.... and you can now have an account spending limit on your line. (Also.... it's a scam, but I'll let you do the math and figure it out yourself. But her's a hit... you'll pay double for the phone over a 2 year contract... and if you do trade it in next year, you're basically returning a phone that you paid $350.00/for already).

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Also keep in mind that it's based on your credit.... and you can now have an account spending limit on your line. (Also.... it's a scam, but I'll let you do the math and figure it out yourself. But her's a hit... you'll pay double for the phone over a 2 year contract... and if you do trade it in next year, you're basically returning a phone that you paid $350.00/for already).

Please explain your math. How are you paying double? They drop the price of the plan to $65/mo for the entire contract length.

Sent via Note II

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Please explain your math. How are you paying double? They drop the price of the plan to $65/mo for the entire contract length.

Sent via Note II

He is confusing it with Verizon and AT&T. Basically it is $65 + monthly cost of the phone, which for the GS4 would be $25 per month. So $90 a month with Unlimited Talk, Text, Data, with a option toi upgrade after 1year or keep the phone for the duration of 2 years.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow I'm going to walk into Sprint and pay $349.00 plus tax for the phone. 6% sales tax... I pay $370.00 out the door.

If I was to purchase it on Sprint One Up I would pay just the tax ($21.00)... and then make 24 payments of $29.17 ($699.99) after two years. Now.. if I want to upgrade in a year, I have to trade in the phone I just made my 12th payment on (for a total of $349.99) and start all over again... wiping out the equity. So.. let's say next year you get the Note 4.. you pay another $350 for the next 12 months (and another activation charge) ... and in 2015, you can turn in your Note 4 to get the Note 5... and you've paid $700.00 as opposed to my $350. (I'm basically renting a phone... like rent-a-center). Yes.. they will give you a $15.00 a month discount... and that is a savings of $180.00/year minus the $36.00 activation charge each year)

The difference is I will have my phone to do what I want (or sell... I just recently sold my Note 2 for $250.00 to Best Buy). So.. see you October 2015... for half of what you paid... plus whatever I sell my Note 3 for.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Tomorrow I'm going to walk into Sprint and pay $349.00 plus tax for the phone. 6% sales tax... I pay $370.00 out the door.

If I was to purchase it on Sprint One Up I would pay just the tax ($21.00)... and then make 24 payments of $29.17 ($699.99) after two years. Now.. if I want to upgrade in a year, I have to trade in the phone I just made my 12th payment on (for a total of $349.99) and start all over again... wiping out the equity. So.. let's say next year you get the Note 4.. you pay another $350 for the next 12 months (and another activation charge) ... and in 2015, you can turn in your Note 4 to get the Note 5... and you've paid $700.00 as opposed to my $350. (I'm basically renting a phone... like rent-a-center). Yes.. they will give you a $15.00 a month discount... and that is a savings of $180.00/year minus the $36.00 activation charge each year)

The difference is I will have my phone to do what I want (or sell... I just recently sold my Note 2 for $250.00 to Best Buy). So.. see you October 2015... for half of what you paid... plus whatever I sell my Note 3 for.

Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!

Sent via Note II

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's your response? I'm simply showing you how the math works.... since it was confusing to some. Also showing that Sprint is just making more money off of this... and you respond with...
"Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!"

Well... good luck, whether you decide to rent for $699 or buy for $349.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm just throwing this out there, so please let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction.
I'm not due an upgrade at this time. I can afford the full price if I want but why not use the one up and pay the same price in the end but have $15/mo off my monthly bill? All seriousness am I missing something?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just throwing this out there, so please let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction.
I'm not due an upgrade at this time. I can afford the full price if I want but why not use the one up and pay the same price in the end but have $15/mo off my monthly bill? All seriousness am I missing something?

You can't do the 1 up till you're out of contract.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just came from sprint store I was told I can sign up for one up tom. Even though my upgrade is not until Jan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That's your response? I'm simply showing you how the math works.... since it was confusing to some. Also showing that Sprint is just making more money off of this... and you respond with...
"Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!"

Well... good luck, whether you decide to rent for $699 or buy for $349.

Not everyone who wants/needs a new phone has $700 to drop on a phone. What I chose to do with my money shouldn't matter to anyone. You can afford the $700, good for you. Better?

Btw, it would be $700 for me since my husband needs a new phone and his upgrade isn't until April. I still wouldn't be dropping $349 for a phone right now anyway, so Sprint's plan works for me.

Sent via Note II

Last edited:

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just came from sprint store I was told I can sign up for one up tom. Even though my upgrade is not until Jan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Once you're within 60 days of your upgrade date...You can always upgrade early (the fee at most is $50.00) by buying out your contract (which is what you will be doing) and trading in your phone.

Gadgetlover0408

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
To buy the phone straight out is 649.99 so with the one up your paying 50.00 more if you keep it for the two years. If you keep it for a year you pay half but the phone isn't yours to keep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463