Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint One Up.

Does anyone know if Sprint will be charging a down payment for the Note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sprint One Up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAshWilliams View Post
    Does anyone know if Sprint will be charging a down payment for the Note 3?

Spoke with sprint rep over the phone, and she mentioned for the one up program we would just need to pay the taxes on the device...
    Hope this helps, and hope its accurate, will find out tomorrow

Also keep in mind that it's based on your credit.... and you can now have an account spending limit on your line. (Also.... it's a scam, but I'll let you do the math and figure it out yourself. But her's a hit... you'll pay double for the phone over a 2 year contract... and if you do trade it in next year, you're basically returning a phone that you paid $350.00/for already).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

They just removed my account spending limit if that matters at all.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Also keep in mind that it's based on your credit.... and you can now have an account spending limit on your line. (Also.... it's a scam, but I'll let you do the math and figure it out yourself. But her's a hit... you'll pay double for the phone over a 2 year contract... and if you do trade it in next year, you're basically returning a phone that you paid $350.00/for already).
    Please explain your math. How are you paying double? They drop the price of the plan to $65/mo for the entire contract length.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Please explain your math. How are you paying double? They drop the price of the plan to $65/mo for the entire contract length.

Sent via Note II
    He is confusing it with Verizon and AT&T. Basically it is $65 + monthly cost of the phone, which for the GS4 would be $25 per month. So $90 a month with Unlimited Talk, Text, Data, with a option toi upgrade after 1year or keep the phone for the duration of 2 years.
    3348b76f
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela and msndrstood like this.

Tomorrow I'm going to walk into Sprint and pay $349.00 plus tax for the phone. 6% sales tax... I pay $370.00 out the door.

If I was to purchase it on Sprint One Up I would pay just the tax ($21.00)... and then make 24 payments of $29.17 ($699.99) after two years. Now.. if I want to upgrade in a year, I have to trade in the phone I just made my 12th payment on (for a total of $349.99) and start all over again... wiping out the equity. So.. let's say next year you get the Note 4.. you pay another $350 for the next 12 months (and another activation charge) ... and in 2015, you can turn in your Note 4 to get the Note 5... and you've paid $700.00 as opposed to my $350. (I'm basically renting a phone... like rent-a-center). Yes.. they will give you a $15.00 a month discount... and that is a savings of $180.00/year minus the $36.00 activation charge each year)

The difference is I will have my phone to do what I want (or sell... I just recently sold my Note 2 for $250.00 to Best Buy). So.. see you October 2015... for half of what you paid... plus whatever I sell my Note 3 for.
    qxr likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Tomorrow I'm going to walk into Sprint and pay $349.00 plus tax for the phone. 6% sales tax... I pay $370.00 out the door.

If I was to purchase it on Sprint One Up I would pay just the tax ($21.00)... and then make 24 payments of $29.17 ($699.99) after two years. Now.. if I want to upgrade in a year, I have to trade in the phone I just made my 12th payment on (for a total of $349.99) and start all over again... wiping out the equity. So.. let's say next year you get the Note 4.. you pay another $350 for the next 12 months (and another activation charge) ... and in 2015, you can turn in your Note 4 to get the Note 5... and you've paid $700.00 as opposed to my $350. (I'm basically renting a phone... like rent-a-center). Yes.. they will give you a $15.00 a month discount... and that is a savings of $180.00/year minus the $36.00 activation charge each year)

The difference is I will have my phone to do what I want (or sell... I just recently sold my Note 2 for $250.00 to Best Buy). So.. see you October 2015... for half of what you paid... plus whatever I sell my Note 3 for.
    Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    sMt73 likes this.

That's your response? I'm simply showing you how the math works.... since it was confusing to some. Also showing that Sprint is just making more money off of this... and you respond with...
    "Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!"

Well... good luck, whether you decide to rent for $699 or buy for $349.
    Thanked by:
    qxr 
    qxr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!

Sent via Note II
    You asked him to explain.. So he did. Why be upset?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    qxr 

I'm just throwing this out there, so please let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction.
    I'm not due an upgrade at this time. I can afford the full price if I want but why not use the one up and pay the same price in the end but have $15/mo off my monthly bill? All seriousness am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by choclab1 View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there, so please let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction.
    I'm not due an upgrade at this time. I can afford the full price if I want but why not use the one up and pay the same price in the end but have $15/mo off my monthly bill? All seriousness am I missing something?
    You can't do the 1 up till you're out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You can't do the 1 up till you're out of contract.

You can, but you have to trade in your current phone.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
    Thanked by:

I just came from sprint store I was told I can sign up for one up tom. Even though my upgrade is not until Jan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You asked him to explain.. So he did. Why be upset?

He could have done it without the sarcasm. I returned the favor.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

That's your response? I'm simply showing you how the math works.... since it was confusing to some. Also showing that Sprint is just making more money off of this... and you respond with...
    "Well goodie, goodie gumdrops for you!"

Well... good luck, whether you decide to rent for $699 or buy for $349.
    Not everyone who wants/needs a new phone has $700 to drop on a phone. What I chose to do with my money shouldn't matter to anyone. You can afford the $700, good for you. Better?

Btw, it would be $700 for me since my husband needs a new phone and his upgrade isn't until April. I still wouldn't be dropping $349 for a phone right now anyway, so Sprint's plan works for me.

Sent via Note II
    Last edited by msndrstood; 10-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Ntchwaidumela and qxr like this.

Clearly..... I haven't explained the math well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    I just came from sprint store I was told I can sign up for one up tom. Even though my upgrade is not until Jan.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Once you're within 60 days of your upgrade date...You can always upgrade early (the fee at most is $50.00) by buying out your contract (which is what you will be doing) and trading in your phone.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

TT double post.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

To buy the phone straight out is 649.99 so with the one up your paying 50.00 more if you keep it for the two years. If you keep it for a year you pay half but the phone isn't yours to keep.

So lets say I plan on keeping this phone for 2 years. I can buy out right for $650 or one up for monthly installments for $700, but get $15/mo off my service for the 2 years and still keep the note 3.
    I've got to be missing something here. $15/mo for 24mo=$360. monthly installments= $700 for the phone. Take the $700 -$360=$340. Thats less then the $350 of being able to upgrade with a 2yr contract.

Now if I have to turn in my old device to get started ( havent heard that one till now ) thats where the deal breaker comes in

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I was told you do have to turn your phone in. My husband has a crappy S2 wimax phone that can't even hold a 3G signal when he's out in the field, so that part I don't care about. He's getting my Note 2 which has great reception on 3G and 4G and I'm taking the Note 3 since he isn't a techie. I tried to negotiate with Sprint about his wimax phone but no deal, so this works out best for us since I just plunked down $500 for a new washer this week.

Now, I did hear somewhere (can't remember if it was on Sprint chat) that for the first time only, you can keep your original phone. I'll find out tomorrow.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    qxr 

If you are not eligible for an upgrade you'll have to turn in your device, if you are eligible for an upgrade then you won't have to turn in your device.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    zmann likes this.

Seems like a good deal, but not sure why someone is saying its $650 out right or $700 on one up, cause sprint says 0% apr so it should come out to $650 as well.
    If this nexus thing dont pan out for sprint, ill be heading this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    If you are not eligible for an upgrade you'll have to turn in your device, if you are eligible for an upgrade then you won't have to turn in your device.
    Correct, you nailed it. You only have to trade in your phone if you are doing a early upgrade.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast