Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint NOTE 3 Cracking audio & Sprint's Response

So many Note 3 users are finding the actual phone to be unusable. There are cracking, distorting sounds when making phone calls. This was cited on some other Android websites so the issue is real.

Sprint acknowledged the issue on their own website forum. A "product ambassador" posted that Sprint and Samsung were aware of the problem and looking to solve it. Many people including myself asked if they could extend the return period since Sprint hasn't issued a statement on whether or not a software update will fix this issue. Sprint has not responded.

I checked Sprint's forum today and lo and behold the thread started by their OWN ambassador is now gone.

I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.
    The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...uct-ambassador
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Sprint NOTE 3 Cracking audio & Sprint's Response

I'm also experiencing crackly sounds on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    So many Note 3 users are finding the actual phone to be unusable. There are cracking, distorting sounds when making phone calls. This was cited on some other Android websites so the issue is real.

Sprint acknowledged the issue on their own website forum. A "product ambassador" posted that Sprint and Samsung were aware of the problem and looking to solve it. Many people including myself asked if they could extend the return period since Sprint hasn't issued a statement on whether or not a software update will fix this issue. Sprint has not responded.

I checked Sprint's forum today and lo and behold the thread started by their OWN ambassador is now gone.

I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.
    The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...uct-ambassador
    I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. Is it an issue with Sprint or is it across all carriers?

I'm not sure but I do have Sprint.

My Verizon phone had really bad audio first 2 calls, then perfect. No update necessary.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free

No issues on my att. In fact I get better reception on this phone than I did on my iPhone 4s

G note 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. Is it an issue with Sprint or is it across all carriers?
    This seems to be a Sprint issue.

I noticed that the same Ambassador just posted this today:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...alaxy-note-iii

It doesn't address any of the call issues that we're having and in fact, you can't even reply to the thread. I was going to write something along the lines of, "We know the phone is great, we want to know what's being done to resolve the issue."

In any case, it's the same ambassador and it's pretty upsetting that instead of responding to our concerns, they post some useless garbage like that.

well I would hope So. That Phone is like 2 years old?!?

Sprint sucks big ones.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sprint Note 3 user here, since day one of release I've had no cracking problems. Everything has been a great experience. Came from the Note 2 and its been an improvement for me in regards to signal and other carrier specific aspects. Not to say its not an issue for many, but certainly it isn't everyone that is having problems.
    Thanked by:
    TenshiNo and zmann like this.

Same here, sprint user,, no crackling

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

I have this issue. It is horrible. So much cracking and popping that you can't understand callers most of the time. Unfortunately I will have to return this phone if there is no fix in sight

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

For everybody not having issues, can you try calling landlines? I've noted that the problem is significantly magnified when calling land lines compared to cellular numbers.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Is there some noise filtering setting that you can try disabling? I'm on Verizon and the phone sounds much clearer than did my Rezound.

I'm still encountering crackly when I call friends on Verizon or Sprint but according to them I sound clear on their end.

I've called friends on landlines, Sprint, AT&T, and I believe Verizon as well and have had to issues with crackling.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

Last week when I tried to place a couple calls they wouldn't go through. I kept getting "This number is no longer in service... Message...". After this happen I used my work's landline and the call went through. Then I tried using my Note 3 again calling the same number and once again I got "This number is no longer in service.... Message... ".

Quote Originally Posted by jejiv View Post
    Last week when I tried to place a couple calls they wouldn't go through. I kept getting "This number is no longer in service... Message...". After this happen I used my work's landline and the call went through. Then I tried using my Note 3 again calling the same number and once again I got "This number is no longer in service.... Message... ".

Different area code perhaps?
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    2013 Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
    Different area code perhaps?
    Calls where made to the same area code and this actually happened over several days sporadically. I haven't had this issue since Friday though.

Calls where made to the same area code and this actually happened over several days sporadically. I haven't had this issue since Friday though.

Interesting...sorry to hear about your issue. =/
    2013 Nexus 7

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I wonder if there is a certain batch that this is a problem with. There are multiple reviews on amazon complaining of this problem but when you look at the reviews on Best Buy not a single one has this problem. Only a couple out of 30 reviews on Sprints website. Maybe Amazon got a bad batch? Anybody with the problem want to tell us where you got yours? Maybe we can find a pattern. Could be useful to those of us still waiting to get ours.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

I've made/received a few calls with my Sprint Note 3, using the Gear, and I've not heard anything unusual with my Best Buy purchases. Unfortunately the day after purchase, I went to a cell dead zone for a week of electronic/internet free relaxation..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sprint Care finally responded to me on Twitter:

@sprintcare: Thx for posting. We're aware of the issue affecting a minimal amount of these phones; we will address the issue accordingly.-CJG

I asked if there's any solution on the way. And basically that I would not upgrade without a solution in place. I doubt if I'll get a good answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

Is Sprint saying it's the phone that has a problem or their network itself?

Is Sprint saying it's the phone that has a problem or their network itself?

No clue, sorry. I just posted what they sent me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast