• 1 Post By llfloyd79
  • 1 Post By mcross72
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Sprint users, has anyone that had connection issues...

Have any luck returning the first device and getting a replacement one? The reception on this phone just so definitely worse than my note 2 was. It's sporadic and jumping all over the place and I am not happy with it at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sprint users, has anyone that had connection issues...

My reception with Sprint is just about the same as what I had with my Gnex, I feel bad for all the people having issues with the N3 and sprint

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

My coverage/reception is about as sucky as it was with my GS2. Seriously debating going to Vz, but don't know that the pros will outweigh the cons.

Mine is better than my note 2

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

No issues here. I even get 4G sporadically at home, in the boonies. I can't complain.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

But no one had a note 3, was unhappy with the reception, exchanged it, and the new one worked better?

Mine is great. Never really had an issue with Sprint or connection issues with any phone.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

This is the best Samsung phone i have ever owned. Wifi is strong. The LTE is great. Way better than the S4. Just to think, i was going to give up on Sammy but Note 3 has won me ovet.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

I'm returning mine MannyZ28. Call quality is too poor to use. Not sure if I'll push for a replacement or not.

I live in Georgia and my reception is very bad all over the place.

I am sending from my sexy white note 3♡
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm...what to do...keep this one, or try and roll the dice with another one. Decisions Decisions...

I have had issues with my connections and have been contemplating exchanging for another also. I didn't have these issues with my GN2. I also receive messages when on Wi-Fi stating my connection is unstable.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

I've only had my Note 3 on sprint for a little over a week. I love this phone, it has it small issues. I'm not sure how many of you have ever bought brand new phones just released to the public, but there are always small issues as they work out the bugs. I had it with my S3 and this Note 3 is no different. Be patient it'll get better as they work out the bugs. People love to dis Sprint but I love Sprint. They are cheaper, they seem to bring out android updates faster than any of the other wireless companys in most cases. Different people around the country have issues with LTE on Sprint. If your Sprint LTE stinks I really feel for you. Here in Michigan we have awesome Sprint LTE. My Note 3 has alot better connection than my S3 did. When I go to the boonies where my cousin lives, you could forget talking on my S3 as well as 3 or 4 g. My Note 3 I can talk on the phone and use 3g. Life is good.
    msndrstood likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just don't know if it's worth the trouble trying to exchange it for another one and then landing up having a whole new set of problems. After all, the garbled sound in voice calls didn't affect every phone but yet they came up with an update that fixed it. It seems obvious to me that my note 2 did have slightly better reception, but would a replacement fix it? It just bothers me seeing how some members here went from a note 2 to the 3 and have better signal when it's the opposite for me. There are just too many variables for a straight comparison.

For those experiencing audio problems, the latest update is supposed to address that. Try the update before you do anything drastic.

Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

once im inside my house, my phone possiblities go out the door...i go outside my house it works. not sure why its that bad.

Actually, I have to admit that the reception on my S3 was notably better than on my Note 3.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

I have 2 Note 3s. I've noticed the reception isn't as good as my Note 2. Both phones drop calls. Just the other night, was talking with a business associate and the call dropped three times. Was really frustrating.

I HAD TO FLASH MY SPRINT S3 TO VZW PREPAID CUZ SPRINT SUCKED SO BAD WHERE I LIVE... SPRINT CS TRIED TO TELL ME IF I GOT **** RECEPTION ON THEIR NETWORK THEN I WOULD GET SAME ****TY RECEPTION IF I FLASHED TO VZW... LOL.... I HAD NO VOICE OR 3G ANYWHERE AROUND THE STREET I JUST MOVED TO WITH SPRINT... ONCE FLASHED TO VZW- BOTT-A-BING... I HAVE HAD 3G AND VOICE ALL THE TIME (EXCEPT I HAVE ISSUE WITH IT ROAMING DUE TO LIMITED FLASHING EXPERIENCE).

SO IF U HAVE A SPRINT PHONE ON SPRINT OR BOOST SERVICE AND U GET **** POOR RECEPTION, INTERMITTENT DATA/3G.... TAKE THAT SAME PHONE TO VZW AND I ITS ALMOST A GUARANTEE U WILL GET KICK *** VOICE AND DATA.... IF U DONT THEN U DROPPED UR PHONE ONE TOO MANY TIMES AND/OR U DID AN UPDATE WHILE SPRINT WAS SCREWING AROUND WITH THEIR WORTHLESS *** 1.86 mghrz TOWERS IN UR AREA; WHICH MEANS U MIGHT AS WELL FLUSH IT.

Btw- if u need help flashing sprint samsung device to vzw or whoever pm me and I can do it in about 10 mins for you (IF U CANT FIGURE IT OUT OR HAVE TROUBLE DOING IT URSELF).

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Are you referring to cellular reception or WiFi? I'm assuming cellular. I had a Note 2, and my Note 3 has noticeably better WiFi reception than the N2, specifically with my 5Ghz WiFi at home. As for cellular, reception, my N3 has been at least as good as the N2. I'm not trying to say that you're not experiencing difficulties, but I suspect it's more of a coverage issue than anything actually wrong with the phone itself. It is, of course, always possible.

The *only* problem I've had with the N3 is that nobody can understand me at all on "speaker phone" mode. Annoying, but minor (for me) in the grand scheme of things.

Gotchya you may want to invest in a new keyboard... Seems like caps lock was stuck :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    TenshiNo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Gotchya you may want to invest in a new keyboard... Seems like caps lock was stuck :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    my data connection times out at home,but when I had the Q10,the connection was great.

I have swapped mine and still drop calls in all areas. The store i visit said they spoke to a samsung rep this morning and this is a known problem that is suppose to have a fix released sooner rather than later. Apparently verizon users had this same problem also but has been fixed. I think the call quality is also involved with this issue. I have tried the MJ4 update but still no fix.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by bigge1974 View Post
    I have swapped mine and still drop calls in all areas. The store i visit said they spoke to a samsung rep this morning and this is a known problem that is suppose to have a fix released sooner rather than later. Apparently verizon users had this same problem also but has been fixed. I think the call quality is also involved with this issue. I have tried the MJ4 update but still no fix.
    I haven't experienced any problems with the hissing/popping/garbled thing people were reporting, but MJ4 was supposed to correct that. As for general call quality, I haven't had any issues at all.

The one criticism I have as far as calls go is that, when I try to use speaker phone mode, the person on the other end can *never* understand me. Even when I hold the phone right up in front of my face, people tell me that it sounds like I'm across the room. I'm hoping this is something that will eventually be resolved with a software update. Not a deal breaker for me, personally, but it's something that I think Samsung needs to address.

What are you guys experiencing in terms of bad call quality?