Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Question, Where's the Macro Option?

I've looked through posts and can't find anything. Seeing I have the Sprint version, I.thought I would post in in this section. I'm afraid to hear the answer on this.

Global Posts
    4,297 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TNTC

Default Re: Camera Question, Where's the Macro Option?

Quote Originally Posted by rivencap View Post
    I've looked through posts and can't find anything. Seeing I have the Sprint version, I.thought I would post in in this section. I'm afraid to hear the answer on this.
    I honestly don't know if it exists as a mode selection ... I have the S4 and not the Note 3, but I imagine the cameras are pretty similar.

Have you tried just using it with the "auto" setting? I have found that I can take very good closeup pics with just the standard mode on mine. I sometimes have to back the phone out to get in focus, then slowly move back towards my subject, but the pictures are very high in detail and focus even when taking pictures of objects only an inch away.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I honestly don't know if it exists as a mode selection ... I have the S4 and not the Note 3, but I imagine the cameras are pretty similar.

Have you tried just using it with the "auto" setting? I have found that I can take very good closeup pics with just the standard mode on mine. I sometimes have to back the phone out to get in focus, then slowly move back towards my subject, but the pictures are very high in detail and focus even when taking pictures of objects only an inch away.
    Thanks for the fast reply. I've tried different modes to see if the option pops up, but it doesn't. Yes, you are right. If I'm in auto and good light, I can get pretty good close up. But nothing like my S3, where I had the actual option. Growing pains, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm using Camera FX to semi accomplish this option.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

did you ever get a good answer for this question I am wanting to get some macro shots too??
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

There is no macro option, even with the kitkat update. This is samsung's doing. I've been using 3rd party apps and achieving this well, as stated above.

I too enjoy taking close up pictures. The lack of Macro setting on this phone is a downer, but I've tried a few camera apps and like this one a lot. HD camera ultra. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sdev.hdcameras
    Here are a few shots I took with this app.

from "Ms Note 3"
    rivencap likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes, I have invested in a few 3rd party apps to work around the lack of a macro option. I have really liked CameraZoom FX. It's helped me a lot.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    I too enjoy taking close up pictures. The lack of Macro setting on this phone is a downer, but I've tried a few camera apps and like this one a lot. HD camera ultra. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sdev.hdcameras
    Here are a few shots I took with this app.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/14/jyvyru8y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/14/zypeduge.jpg

from "Ms Note 3"
    Thank you for taking the time to respond with such an old post. Much appreciated.

So. There is no macro shot function on my £500 note 4 yet a £30 nokia n93 has. This don't compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Britton View Post
    So. There is no macro shot function on my £500 note 4 yet a £30 nokia n93 has. This don't compute.
    I dunno. My eyes are getting old so I downloaded a magnifying glass app that also takes pictures. Looks pretty macro to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Question, Where's the Macro Option?-magnifying_2015-04-28_14-26-01.jpg