Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Loving my Sprint Galaxy Note 3...is anyone else???

Going thru the forums you read alot about how people are having all these different types of issues and/or complaints about the Note 3. I have to say I have been loving my Note 3. I have no complaints. Loving the screen, the battery life, the camera, the quickness and smoothness of the phone. This has been one of the best phones I have owned...and I'm have owned many phones lol.

Anyone else loving their Sprint Galaxy Note 3???

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Loving my Sprint Galaxy Note 3...is anyone else???

Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post
    Going thru the forums you read alot about how people are having all these different types of issues and/or complaints about the Note 3. I have to say I have been loving my Note 3. I have no complaints. Loving the screen, the battery life, the camera, the quickness and smoothness of the phone. This has been one of the best phones I have owned...and I'm have owned many phones lol.

Yes! Love mine too!

Was hesitant at first, due to all the reviews/complaints, but mine is working well. Love how the phone handles all the customizations I have come to love.

ladyc0524 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rivencap View Post
    Yes! Love mine too!

Was hesitant at first, due to all the reviews/complaints, but mine is working well. Love how the phone handles all the customizations I have come to love.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/18/u9y4esyp.jpg
    Cool. I thought maybe I was the only one loving the Note 3 for a while lol.

mmaria452 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,995 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post

That's what I am talking about!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Mixermaniac likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts

I have owned every Note product (tablet and phone) that Samsung has released since 2011. By far the line up this year is the best yet. The Note 3 in conjunction with the Galaxy Gear, and Note 10.1 (2014) are amazing companion devices.

At work, in meetings, I take handwritten notes on my tablet. I make folders and sub-folders for my various projects. Those notes are synced up with Samsung's cloud service so that when I am moving from location to location and not carrying my tablet but instead only have my phone, my notes are right there with me.

The Galaxy Gear is incredible in that I can read email, read and respond to text, make and receive phone calls, take photos of on site projects (which are automatically transferred to the phone), all without ever picking up the phone if I don't want to.

The Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), and the Galaxy Gear are working for me, and how I work and live my life.
    llfloyd79 and buttaz718 like this.

I love mine! ... Well my T-Mobile one... But it's all the same pretty much .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Carrier
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Same here, got it first day. No problems, battery isn't what I expected with the Snapdragon 800, but that's easy enough to solve, waiting on a 7500 battery Problem solved!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

I love mine ALOT! ive had tons and tons of smartphones from the first SGS1 to SGS4 now the Note3 this phone is amazing. What ever issues people have is not enough for me to thing this phone is not good. I wanted to get the watch by 300 is too steep for me.

Lovin it just like the op!!!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I love mine also. I find myself reaching for my N3 instead of my tablet which I never did with my HTC EVO.

I've had mine for little over a week now and the display still amazes me, I catch myself gazing at the level of detail the resolution rate and contrast ratio achieves. Unmatched by all of the devices I've had the good fortune to interact with, and my job affords me an opportunity to interact with several.
    TenshiNo and Ntchwaidumela like this.

I also am loving my note 3. Just one bugaboo though. Am I The only one that had to wait a few seconds for my phone to wake up after pressing the power button?

Posted via AC App via note 3

Absolutely love my note 3!!! I upgraded from the Galaxy S4 and am beyond over the moon with this device😃

Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Happy with mine as well..coming from Sprints HTC One which never held a LE signal.My note 3 shows LTE almost everywhere I travel in Florida.Speeds are no where near the other carriers LTE but why on earth do I need more that 5-10 MB/sec on my cell phone? As long as things load up and I can share and upload pictures I'm a happy man..I was beginning to hate Sprint until I got this note 3.

Definitely loving my GN3 on T-Mobile!

How can you love anything on Sprints crappy network (4G LTE Inclded), left them for good

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    How can you love anything on Sprints crappy network (4G LTE Inclded), left them for good

Yup, their network is indeed terrible where I live. Just a few miles up the road by my gym, they have good 4G and I pulled in 19Mbps down on my GN2 earlier today. But where I live I can't even pull a deent 4G signal. Less than 0.1Mbps. It's sad!
    Switched to TMobile on saturday and am pulling a consistent 4G LTE signal on my new GN3.

Quote Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy View Post
    Yup, their network is indeed terrible where I live. Just a few miles up the road by my gym, they have good 4G and I pulled in 19Mbps down on my GN2 earlier today. But where I live I can't even pull a deent 4G signal. Less than 0.1Mbps. It's sad!
    Switched to TMobile on saturday and am pulling a consistent 4G LTE signal on my new GN3.
    I totally agree, my area was supposed to be a " Sprint LTE", where they placed a few towers and claimed it as their LTE market, no improvement for over a year. Their 3G network made me scream my lungs out all day.
    Sprint has the ability to give you THE worse experience possible on THE best device like GN3 etc on the market...lol

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

This is the best phone I've ever owned. Somewhat remind me of my old blackberry tour, looks wise.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Its kinda hard not to love the Note3 if you like a larger device. I love mine too.

from my Galaxy Mega

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    That's what I am talking about!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Wife is loving her Note 3. I have the Note 2 and is upgrade eligible but going to wait for the Note 4 or the S5. The Note 3 has phenomenal standby battery life. After two full days and a couple hours of screen time, she still has 65% of battery life left. And that is stock and not rooted and I didn't even attempt to tweak it for battery life. I rooted my Note 2 and use greenify as well as turn off Google maps location update and turning off Google now along with using greenify to hibernate facebook and other annoying apps and I still can't get the phenomenal standby battery life. I'm still loosing .5% per hour of standby which is much better than 5% per hour before the tweak. Her Note 3 loses like 3% over 10 hours and Google Now is on as well as Google maps location not to mention Wifi and bluetooth on all the time. She is on her third day of use since the last full charge.

Granted I've got too many apps that are leeching on the battery life and she hardly installs any.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilkins View Post
    I also am loving my note 3. Just one bugaboo though. Am I The only one that had to wait a few seconds for my phone to wake up after pressing the power button?

Posted via AC App via note 3
    Mine is instant.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Well, it's not perfect, but what is? I really like the phone though, and the battery life in particular is impressive, at least for how I typically use my phone. I went 24 hours on the battery the other day and still had close to 40% left. Right now, I'm looking at 11 hours on the battery and I still have about 75% power remaining. Granted, the screen is on for only a small part of that (a bit over 1 hour right now, out of the ~11 it's been unplugged), but my old phones wouldn't get anywhere near this kind of battery life. My original Epic was draining ~10% per hour in bad cases, ~5% per hour in good cases. I got home today with more battery power than I'd have left at lunch time on my Epic. I don't know exactly what Samsung did to improve battery life so much, but this is a huge advantage of the phone for me -- not having to worry about mid-day recharges anymore is a relief.

I have experienced some of the issues others mentioned, here and/or elsewhere. My WiFi at home sometimes drops and immediately reconnects for no obvious reason, and no other device in my house (computers, wife's phone, Roku, etc.) does this. While this is a bit annoying, it's mostly a nuisance and not some kind of deal-breaker. I had a little bit of the voice call audio garbling, but the recent update's supposed to fix that. Sometimes there's a little lag turning on the screen, but it doesn't really bother me.

What remains to be seen though is how promptly Samsung will or won't get Android OS updates to us. They were terrible with my old original Epic -- it took ~9-10 months to get an update and the phone was sometimes 2 versions behind current. The Note 3 has the current version of Android now, but Kit Kat is coming in the near future. How long will it be before that update hits our devices? I'm trying not to worry too much about it this time around, but that's still a big question for me. I'd really like to see Samsung and Sprint get us Android OS updates in a timely manner.

But still, this phone is pretty amazing. Very powerful, long battery life, all the handwriting features with the S Pen -- great stuff.

Edit: Just thought of something else. I know pre-installed bloatware is generally not appreciated, but since we all know it's going to come anyway, wouldn't it be nice if the carriers gave us the full/pro/paid versions instead of the ad-supported free versions? I guess they'll never do that, because it means cutting into their profits. But if they did, it could make the apps somewhat more appealing, at least to some users.

Rockin the note 3 with the gear and loving every moment.

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post

Your opinion. I have no problem with them...including my signal.
    msndrstood, TenshiNo and hbmike like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast