Note 3 software update. 10/24

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just received it in southern California. Amazon says it's supposed to fix the audio garbling.

Anyone else get it or knew the exact changes?

BigDaddy3000

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got it, but I thought it was an app update instead of a system update (long story), so I didn't get to read the change log. Would love to know what got updated!

cwhead321

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine in Provo, Utah. Hope this fixes the dropped calls! I never had the garbling, popping, hissing issues I've seen people complain about on Sprint's forums, but I do drop calls randomly and OFTEN! Sprint has tried to say it's because they're adding LTE where I am...

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So far the weather sync issue ive been having since day one seems to have gone away. Plus it looks like my keyboard has gone to a default black. Not the grey like it was.

Posted via Android Central App

BrianBaker

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
They took it upon themselves to change the keyboard to a dark theme.I hate when they change things like that.I preferred the light gray and white.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just woke up and saw it for my device. I tried finding info on the Sprint community web boards, but there didn't seem to be info about this latest firmware updated posted. Hopefully they'll have more info later. The closest I saw was some comments from Sprint reps that a software release that's supposed to help take care of the noisy audio on phone calls was coming soon. I'm guessing this is it then, but would like to see more details about what this fix brings. For example, does this also take care of the flaky WiFi connections some of us have been experiencing? FWIW, my update just installed and it looks like my version is now N900PVPUBMJ4.

Edit: Just saw a post here on Android Central that does have a link to Sprint's site with info on software version updates -- which says it includes "Call audio improvements, Samsung Keyboard Handwriting Mode". Apparently not much in this one, but the audio fix is welcomed, I'm sure. Not sure what in handwriting mode needed a fix though.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This is what I got.

jy2amuby.jpg

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Can confirm that the MJ4 update (Sprint) has solved the issue with garbled audio. This phone is now complete!

I am amazed by this, my phone never had that problem, I figured it would have been a hardware issue. Either way, I am glad it's fixed now. Hopefully they can come up with a patch that improves reception.

Caddyman46

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I just tried updating mine but got the device has been modified message. Just as well as I never had this issue.....not yet anyways. Time to hunt down the update for rooted phones lol

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven?t gotten it yet. Tried the manual update, but keep getting the message that the request log (or whatever) has exceeded its limit and I should try later or update via Kies. Has an ever b able to update via Kies? I never have. But, since I've had no problem with the audio and I use SwiftKey Keyboard, I'll wait for it. Unless anyone knows another way (third party) to get it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk