Bluetooth tethering

ehsaylor

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know if anyone is using the built-in Bluetooth tethering feature. I've paired my phone to my laptop and turned on Bluetooth tethering on the phone. I connect to access point from the Bluetooth device on my windows 7 laptop and it connects, but says it's not connected to the internet. So the laptop is seeing the phone just fine, but it acts like their is not gateway to the internet. I have two unidentified drivers in the device manager when the phone is connected. I've tried getting the latest drivers from Samsung and Microsoft and neither of them will update the missing drivers. Just wondering if anyone has this working.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to tether your laptop to the Note 3 for internet use? If so, install FoxFi and see if that works - it should and has worked for many other devices.

ehsaylor

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to tether your laptop to the Note 3 for internet use? If so, install FoxFi and see if that works - it should and has worked for many other devices.
Yes, I'm trying to tether for internet. I downloaded the foxfi app and it works great. Thanks for that. It does seem sprint is trying to kill it as the developer had to create another install for it on google play for sprint, but that one works fine. Even though I can tether successfully now, I'm still curious about the bluetooth feature of the spring note 3. Is that crippled in some way by Sprint? Is there anyone using it successfully? I'm just not sure if it's not working because of a device driver issue with windows 7 or if Sprint is doing something to keep it from connecting. I'm giving some serious thoughts to returning my note 3 and getting an iphone 5s. Just curious what other people think about that. My main gripe with the note 3 is s voice doesn't work well. When I am at home I have poor signal (no triband support) so I have to use my home wifi and when I go out to my car, the phone doesn't auto fall back to cellular, so Pandora won't start up when I start my car. Other things as well, but won't go into everything to keep the post shorter.