Lock Screen Weather Widget

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Before I start a new thread, I'm going to post my question here because it deals with the lock screen. I'm going to explain it to the best of my ability because I'm unable to take a screen shot when this happens.

Has anyone had issues of the weather (accuweather) widget popping up expanding, while swiping to unlock the lock screen?

I have tried disabling the widget refreshing (screen shot) or disabling the accuweather widget, etc. Nothing works.

I'm using the swipe method to unlock the screen. If I have a higher security feature, like pattern or pin, it goes away. But I really just want the swipe feature.

It doesn't matter if I have my personal message, owner information message, clock or date. The widget pops up and expand itself. Very irritating.

Please help. I really don't want to load a third party lock screen app on. Or, at least confirm this is happening to you as well.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

6e6unezu.jpg

dypupuny.jpg

zupypyqa.jpg

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This may not be any help to you, especially if you like Accuweather. I've been using BeWeather for several years without any problems. I've never had the problem you described with it, and the weather reports are extremely accurate (pun intended). Plus, it's very customizable. I always got rid of Accuweather immediately after upgrading my phones. You may want to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
This may not be any help to you, especially if you like Accuweather. I've been using BeWeather for several years without any problems. I've never had the problem you described with it, and the weather reports are extremely accurate (pun intended). Plus, it's very customizable. I always got rid of Accuweather immediately after upgrading my phones. You may want to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I don't like or use accuweather. Another person was able to take a screen shot of what's going on. Here ya go. If you swipe in the upper half, the widget expands.

e5ujeva5.jpg

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I also don't use the stock launcher. I use Nova Launcher Prime, on my phone and pads, which is also highly customizable. I've never used the stock launcher on any of my devices.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova prime too. Nova only deals with your launcher, not the lock screen.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...I really don't want to load a third party lock screen app on....

It drove me nuts too, and I only use swipe to unlock. Someone told me about the Lockscreen Policy app. It's not a lock screen app. Its description:

"Disable widgets and/or camera access on the lockscreen under Android 4.2 or 4.3.
# Android 4.4+
NO SUPPORT. Ability to disable lockscreen widgets is built into Android 4.4+. As such, Lockscreen Policy has reached EOL."

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It drove me nuts too, and I only use swipe to unlock. Someone told me about the Lockscreen Policy app. It's not a lock screen app. Its description:

"Disable widgets and/or camera access on the lockscreen under Android 4.2 or 4.3.
# Android 4.4+
NO SUPPORT. Ability to disable lockscreen widgets is built into Android 4.4+. As such, Lockscreen Policy has reached EOL."

Did this work for the built in weather widget when you Swype left to right? And do you need too be rooted?.I'm not. Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

baggism

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have no options to select weather widget for lock screen. When you pull down on the clock there is just an empty box.
Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 2

SteveJA

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
If you scroll the lockscreen date widget to the right you'll see a lock/unlock icon and a "+" to add widgets. There is no weather widget amongst the options :^(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000