Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Galaxy note 3 cant recieve texts from iphones

(i have an iphone)
    HELP!!
    so, my mom had an iphone and she switched to a Galaxy note 3 today. later we noticed she wasn't receiving texts from me. I've read that she has to go to apple support and unregister her phone or turn off imessages. problem is, Sprint took her phone and deleted everything on the phone. I logged into her itunes account and her phone isnt even showing up as a registered phone. I also read that it is an apple problem, but she wants to go to sprint tomorrow and try to fix this. I would like to know if anyone has any solutions to this problem.. she gets texts from other smart phones but not iphones. Thank you in advance!

Global Posts
    31,601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Galaxy note 3 cant recieve texts from iphones

Quote Originally Posted by country_blondie92 View Post
    (i have an iphone)
    HELP!!
    so, my mom had an iphone and she switched to a Galaxy note 3 today. later we noticed she wasn't receiving texts from me. I've read that she has to go to apple support and unregister her phone or turn off imessages. problem is, Sprint took her phone and deleted everything on the phone. I logged into her itunes account and her phone isnt even showing up as a registered phone. I also read that it is an apple problem, but she wants to go to sprint tomorrow and try to fix this. I would like to know if anyone has any solutions to this problem.. she gets texts from other smart phones but not iphones. Thank you in advance!
    Welcome to the forums.
    I have read in other threads that it has something to do with iMessage. Either disabling, or turning it off, detaching the phone number....something, I just can't remember what exactly. Hopefully that at least points you in the right direction.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Arctic HD son! What what!

Ditto to the above. Your best bet would be to allow your mom to sign into her Apple ID from your iPhone from there she would go into general> message and select the send as sms. iMessage should default to be on. Once send as SMS is selected turn iMessage off! Log out and then you should be able to log back in and she should be fine.. It is an apple problem.. I have an iphone 5 I'm switching to an android again in a few days. I've already turned off my iMessage and I started having problems getting messages from my friends. I had to ask them to go in and be sure send as a SMS was selected or to turn iMessage off all together to send me a text. Which is crazy I shouldn't have to ask them to do that.. Any who the iMessage server will realize your mom doesn't have an iphone any more after a few days. Aka 24 hours to 30 days no kidding I called apple lol. Hopefully it won't take too long. There are tons of threads on here about this exact issue. I've been reading them to prepare myself for the inevitable with iMessage lol.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    31,601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    Ditto to the above. Your best bet would be to allow your mom to sign into her Apple ID from your iPhone from there she would go into general> message and select the send as sms. iMessage should default to be on. Once send as SMS is selected turn iMessage off! Log out and then you should be able to log back in and she should be fine.. It is an apple problem.. I have an iphone 5 I'm switching to an android again in a few days. I've already turned off my iMessage and I started having problems getting messages from my friends. I had to ask them to go in and be sure send as a SMS was selected or to turn iMessage off all together to send me a text. Which is crazy I shouldn't have to ask them to do that.. Any who the iMessage server will realize your mom doesn't have an iphone any more after a few days. Aka 24 hours to 30 days no kidding I called apple lol. Hopefully it won't take too long. There are tons of threads on here about this exact issue. I've been reading them to prepare myself for the inevitable with iMessage lol.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for confirming.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you!! ill try logging in on her apple id and see if it changes

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Arctic HD son! What what!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Thank you so much for confirming.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    No problem! I hope that works because that's what I did along with unregistering my phone on my apple support profile page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem but only from select I phones texting me. I had to have those people enable sms under their messaging settings as their iPhone had them turned off. Hope you get it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I think we need people like you, iPhone users, to go into Apple and demand a fix. I've been in twice and since I don't have an iPhone they give me marginal service, to say it nicely. If they realized their phones are not working for their users it might get their attention. Imagine a salesperson losing tens of thousands in commission. We need that person to go in and snap on them and it would be fixed in no time. The biggest issue is that the iPhones aren't even letting people know that the message didn't get through. After my second "genius" appointment I think we at least changed my iMessage settings enough that people get a failure notice. So if they are tech savy enough they can figure out how to resend as a text.

You have to change their contact. When you have an iPhone and have contacts with iPhones, instead of mobile or cell it puts it as iPhone. You need to change that.
    paigeey likes this.

she has to go to www.supportprofile.apple.com and unregister her iPhone...I had the same problem and that solved it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany McNamara View Post
    she has to go to www.supportprofile.apple.com and unregister her iPhone...I had the same problem and that solved it
    How long did it take to fix after you unregistered your phone? I just unregistered my phone which would have been nice to know I had to do before I realized my husband was texting me and I wasn't receiving text messages from him.

Have tried a lot of suggestions and the only thing that solved it was to ask my friends with an iphone to switch off and then switch on imessage.

I just switch to android from iphone. The only thing that worked for me was to text STOP to 48369. Received a message back stating that my number has been removed from Apple's servers. hope this helps

I had the same frustrating problem and tried everything I read on the internet, from disabling iMessage from both my iPhone and my wife's, deleting my contact info on her iPhone then re-entering it, to deleting my iPhone from the products list on my Apple account - nothing worked! Should have just gone on live chat through the Sprint website in the first place, where the tech patiently guided me through all the steps necessary to reset the Note 3 to receive texts from iPhones.

Make sure to transfer or back-up all of your information (pictures, notes, contacts, etc.) before you contact Sprint, as you will lose all of them when you erase all contents and settings during the restart, during which the Note 3's screen will go blank as it re-provisions on the network and completes some updates. The Note 3 will return to your home screen and after doing the profile and PRL update. Check and have your friends with iPhones text you - you should be receiving most if not all by now. If you're still not getting texts from a specific iPhone have the owner turn off iMessage on their iPhone from Settings>Messages>iMessage, then have them send you a text. After you have verified that this works, they can then enable their iMessage after 2 minutes.

Hope this helps!!