Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dronak
  • 1 Post By TenshiNo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is That A Sim Card?

I went to install my micro sd card a notice what appears like a sim card under where the micro sd card goes. what is that and how does it benefit the phone?
    Thanked by:
    cms177 

Default Re: Is That A Sim Card?

Who is your carrier? On the Note the the SIM card and micro sd card are stacked on top of each other with the SIM card on the bottom. So that's what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPad
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4

Quote Originally Posted by DINGSTER1 View Post
    Who is your carrier? On the Note the the SIM card and micro sd card are stacked on top of each other with the SIM card on the bottom. So that's what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPad
    I would assume he is in Sprint since... He is in the Sprint Forums for the Note 3 .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Ugh! Didn't even notice that!

Sent from my iPad
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am on sprint and as far as i know sprint doesn't use sim cards. Or does it? Can it have something to do with sprints upcoming sparks network?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I have the same thing. I know VZ has SIM cards and it's CDMA, I figured it was similar. Didn't bother me, just thought it was curious though. I don't have one in the note 2 that I recall, it may be hidden, I'll have to check.

Btw, doesn't the N5 require a SIM-like card in order to activate it? I bet it is related to Spark.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

My understanding is that the sim card is used for the LTE network. I noticed it too and just assumed that's what it was.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Well, my Note 3 box says it has a "SIM card inserted", so I would assume that yes, it is a SIM card. The Get Started guide in the box has a section on "Sprint Worldwide Wireless Service" where there is mention of the ability of the phone to use GSM networks, which (as I understand it) require SIM cards. So I think that's why it's there -- to allow international use on GSM networks. I have no idea if it will work on domestic GSM networks though.
    msndrstood likes this.

When I bought my Sprint GN3 last friday I enquiered about the SIM card and they said the one in the phone enabled the phone to work on the Sprint Network. He also said that that an international card (I assume a country that used a network similar to Sprints) could be put in to work on it's network while traviling.

It's a sim card. It's for lte.

Posted via Android Central App
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre -> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by boriqua2000 View Post
    I am on sprint and as far as i know sprint doesn't use sim cards. Or does it? Can it have something to do with sprints upcoming sparks network?
    Even thought Sprint uses CDMA, LTE is *technically* a GSM technology. The SIM card is for your LTE connection. Any CDMA phone with LTE will have a SIM card for the LTE connection.
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TenshiNo View Post
    Even thought Sprint uses CDMA, LTE is *technically* a GSM technology. The SIM card is for your LTE connection. Any CDMA phone with LTE will have a SIM card for the LTE connection.
    Yup
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2