Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default One hand operation

I am having trouble getting the screen to shrink in size. I have one hand operation for all screen checked and I am swiping correctly because my roommate has a note 3 from tmobile and it works. If someone could help or if some else is having the same problem please reply. I might let have to take it up with sprint. I am currently on mj4.

stupid fast Note3
    Last edited by scspeedy; 11-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Default Re: One hand operation

I had trouble getting this to work on my phone, too, at first. I think the trick is in how far you swipe across before you come back. You have to go about halfway across the screen and come back for it to work. Also, it seem pretty picky about keeping your thumb in a straight line, so make sure you're not making an "arc" when you do it. It *does* work, though, once you get the hang of it.

It's a great feature, but I have found that it's missing one important thing: being able to disable itself based on the current foreground app. Too many times I'll be playing Scramble with Friends, spelling a word, and all of a sudden the screen shrinks. Minor, but a bit annoying.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I tried and tried and nothing. I will see what sprint has to say tomorrow.

Thanks

stupid fast Note3

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

I don't know what the problem is, because I don't have any real difficulty activating the one-handed mode. Naturally the option has to be activated, but you said you already checked that. (I do have to remind myself of this though, since I normally keep so many features off.) I don't think the angle of the swipe is important -- I purposely did it in arcs and angles, ending nowhere near where I started, and it still worked. A very short swipe won't do it, but I seem to be able to activate it with a swipe that goes anywhere from one quarter to almost all the way across the screen. A very slow swipe won't work, but a working swipe doesn't seem to need to be especially fast either. I thought I read that the only trick was that you have to start and stop right at the edge of the screen, so I normally touch the edge of the phone to start, make my swipe, and don't end until I feel the edge again. If nothing is working for you, perhaps there's a problem with your device? If you can get it it to work on someone else's device, an issue with your particular device seems more likely to me. It sounds like you already contacted Sprint, so hopefully they'll be able to provide more help. Good luck.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by scspeedy View Post
    I tried and tried and nothing. I will see what sprint has to say tomorrow.
    I'm thinking maybe there's something wrong with the digitizer on your device? Try running the diagnostic mode:

• Open the dialer and enter *#0*#
    • Select the "Touch" option
    • Run your finger around the edges of the screen and across the diagonal portions and make sure the phone is detecting everywhere you touch.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

EDIT: Oh, yeah: you have to "double tap" the back button to get out of that diagnostic. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I don't know what the problem is, because I don't have any real difficulty activating the one-handed mode. Naturally the option has to be activated, but you said you already checked that. (I do have to remind myself of this though, since I normally keep so many features off.) I don't think the angle of the swipe is important -- I purposely did it in arcs and angles, ending nowhere near where I started, and it still worked. A very short swipe won't do it, but I seem to be able to activate it with a swipe that goes anywhere from one quarter to almost all the way across the screen. A very slow swipe won't work, but a working swipe doesn't seem to need to be especially fast either. I thought I read that the only trick was that you have to start and stop right at the edge of the screen, so I normally touch the edge of the phone to start, make my swipe, and don't end until I feel the edge again. If nothing is working for you, perhaps there's a problem with your device? If you can get it it to work on someone else's device, an issue with your particular device seems more likely to me. It sounds like you already contacted Sprint, so hopefully they'll be able to provide more help. Good luck.
    That is interesting. Maybe in my experimenting, I just started going further across the screen and attributed it suddenly working to the wrong thing. Thanks.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Well I went to sprint and they replaced mine with a new one and it still doesn't work.

The story goes as followed. I went to the original store where I purchased it from and they said to take to a sprint store that had a tech so I went to them. The other store was located a mile away. They looked at it for like 30 secs and said get it exchanged they couldn't do anything about it because they never seen the issue before. So I go back to the original store on 62nd and 3 Ave in NYC and they exchanged it, which was good even though it cost me taxi money to get to the other store. Anyway so after the exchange they setup and the firmware came with mi3 and tested to see if the one handed operation works and no it didn't. They updated my phone to my after that and try to test it out and it still didn't work. The sprint reps themselves were stumped. They played with it for 3 hours and called a bunch of people to see what the issue was and the manager of the store had the same issue with his phone. He tried it on his and it didn't work either.

Sprint rep called samsung for me and they wanted me send it to them and get it tested. Damn thing would take 9 to 11 days to get sent back to me if I send it to them. I see if another store will exchange it for me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Ok, I went to sprint corporate store and I told them my problem. The ladies that was suppose to do repairs are stupid as f**ks. When I told them one handed operation didn't work they asked me what I want it to do and asked if I was right handed or left handed. So I tell them that I am right handed. And I wanted the screen the shrink. What was the result of the that conversation was that they came back to me tells that it is now working and when I asked them to show me they showed me how to move the keys on a calculator from the right to left side.

Then I catch a attitude with them and tell them youtube it and they all got snotty withme. If you work at Sprint you know what the f I was talking about. They YouTube the one handed operation after the attitudes. O I even showed it to them on the demo they had in the store.

After some YouTube another tech in the back room takes a look it after 30 minutes. They got it working. They didn't say what they did beside they unlock the developers Option which nothing got change. Not unless there is some other hidden feature in developers option.

Happy now that they finally fixed it. The one that stops the screen shrink I notice was in accessibility option when I have the Pebble turned on.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app