Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Yesterday when I was running errands, I wanted to compare prices of a product online versus a store, so I decided to Google it. Of course, just my luck, the connection wouldn't load the page, although as you can see in the screenshot attached, I have LTE reception. It's so frustrating how Sprint's LTE rollout is so crappy, and they're trying to run on "Unlimited data." Maybe if it were quality data, it would be worth it.

    I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area.

    Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)-unnamed.png
    raju130000 and mrsmumbles like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    I feel your frustration. I just purchased my GN3 a couple of days ago and switched from Verizon. I don't even have 3G at my house and calls are being dropped. Returning mine today and switching to either T mobile or At&t.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    mrwallyy likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    I was with Splint (spelled that way intentionally) for about 5 years. I picked up a Splint GN2 in July just before they decided to do their "upgrade". After 3 months of constantly dropping calls and having no data, I returned the phone, paid an early term fee (adjusted down for lack of quality service), picked up a GN3 from AT&T and haven't looked back.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    I was with Splint (spelled that way intentionally) for about 5 years. I picked up a Splint GN2 in July just before they decided to do their "upgrade". After 3 months of constantly dropping calls and having no data, I returned the phone, paid an early term fee (adjusted down for lack of quality service), picked up a GN3 from AT&T and haven't looked back.

    Posted via Android Central App
    See the thing is I use a lot of data, and I don't want to be bound by limits, so I can't see myself on AT&T or Verizon.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    See the thing is I use a lot of data, and I don't want to be bound by limits, so I can't see myself on AT&T or Verizon.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I was hesitant to switch for that same reason. I just bought 10GB for my two phones so I don't have to worry about it. I figure paying more for something good is better than free nothing.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Peaches36 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    I'm in the Minneapolis area too and have had good luck with Sprint 4G lte almost everywhere in the metro area. It might have to do with not all the towers being upgraded to yet where you were at.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    See the thing is I use a lot of data, and I don't want to be bound by limits, so I can't see myself on AT&T or Verizon.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Does TMO offer unlimited?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    Yesterday when I was running errands, I wanted to compare prices of a product online versus a store, so I decided to Google it. Of course, just my luck, the connection wouldn't load the page, although as you can see in the screenshot attached, I have LTE reception. It's so frustrating how Sprint's LTE rollout is so crappy, and they're trying to run on "Unlimited data." Maybe if it were quality data, it would be worth it.

    I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	93637
    Have you talked to Customer Service about it? Sometimes they may have a fix, or at least an explanation.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Sprint is truly awful. I barely have data speed on it at all anymore, much less LTE. I'm pretty much always on WiFi. Just waiting until I can pay the etf.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    mrwallyy likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Holby View Post
    Does TMO offer unlimited?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yep.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  11. #11  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    This is what pisses me off people.

    Does ANYONE think that maybe.....JUST MAYBE....the site is down? Sites do go down that has absolutely nothing to do with your phone or the carrier/service. There's been a few times I couldn't log onto my bank website on my phones with the same message only to fire it up on my laptop when I got home to be greeted with "WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE". Hell, even Google has gone down with the same message. According to most it seems, and it doesn't matter the circumstances of the internet itself, that your phone should access anything and everything at any given time at the tap of a button.

    Everyone here bashes Sprint and says how the other carriers are sooooo much better. Whatever. Where I live, T-mo blows, AT&T is just OK, and Verizon is spotty. Sprint is the better option. Period. So if you haven't been to ALL four corners of the U.S. and everywhere in between to measure all data and cellular connectivity, I suggest you move to a country where options are not available before you say F**k Sprint.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    We have the right to hate Sprint if our service sucks and they won't waive the etf.

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Peaches36 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    I see where you're coming from Gator.. Some do expect all sites to be up and sometimes that's the issue.. But it is known Sprint sucks in majority of areas. It's just a fact for now till they are done with NV.

    Also he can say F Sprint if he wants.. It may not suite him. Just like some may say F T-Mobile where they live but I'll say it's the best of the best due to my area. I beat all carriers anywhere around town.. But I know this isn't the case over all the US.

    While you say it's good in your area.. It may not be for him. So take your own advice... Unless you've been where he lives.. On all 4 carriers... Don't bash him for saying F Sprint.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Peaches36 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Holby View Post
    Does TMO offer unlimited?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes but it isn't worth anything if you can't get good coverage.. If I could I'd go with AT&T I would.. I am with Tmobile right now.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2
    athenatp likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    This is what pisses me off people.

    Does ANYONE think that maybe.....JUST MAYBE....the site is down? Sites do go down that has absolutely nothing to do with your phone or the carrier/service. There's been a few times I couldn't log onto my bank website on my phones with the same message only to fire it up on my laptop when I got home to be greeted with "WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE". Hell, even Google has gone down with the same message. According to most it seems, and it doesn't matter the circumstances of the internet itself, that your phone should access anything and everything at any given time at the tap of a button.

    Everyone here bashes Sprint and says how the other carriers are sooooo much better. Whatever. Where I live, T-mo blows, AT&T is just OK, and Verizon is spotty. Sprint is the better option. Period. So if you haven't been to ALL four corners of the U.S. and everywhere in between to measure all data and cellular connectivity, I suggest you move to a country where options are not available before you say F**k Sprint.
    The reason I initially switched from Verizon to Splint is that I had no coverage in the area I moved to with Verizon. They kindly let me out of my contract without an early term fee. As I said previously, I was with Splint for about 5 years and was content with their service and quite honestly loved the unlimited data.

    I understand that towers get upgraded, but in my business, my phone is my lifeline. I cannot live with calls being dropped multiple times in a conversation, not being able to send a text or make a phone call in one of my restaurants, or missing important calls because I have no service. I expressed my concern with Splint on several occasions, and yes, while they knocked some money off of my bill, there was no resolution with the service. What pisses me off about Splint is how their customer service has declined over the course of the last 5 years. I had three phones with them, and I asked that the ETF for the business line be waived. They refused citing that my service was at their standard. I then asked that my phone number be switched to the shortest contract so I could pay a lesser ETF. Again they refused. I ultimately negotiated a reduced ETF, but had to return the device. I didn't have this kind of headache dealing with Verizon.

    I will say that now that I'm with AT&T, I realize the quality of connectivity and data speed I was missing out on with Splint.
  16. #16  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I see where you're coming from Gator.. Some do expect all sites to be up and sometimes that's the issue.. But it is known Sprint sucks in majority of areas. It's just a fact for now till they are done with NV.

    Also he can say F Sprint if he wants.. It may not suite him. Just like some may say F T-Mobile where they live but I'll say it's the best of the best due to my area. I beat all carriers anywhere around town.. But I know this isn't the case over all the US.

    While you say it's good in your area.. It may not be for him. So take your own advice... Unless you've been where he lives.. On all 4 carriers... Don't bash him for saying F Sprint.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine. Sure he right to say whatever he want's. So do I. So don't patronize me by saying take my own advice because I haven't/didn't bash his service and/or carrier or a carrier he wishes to move to. There is a difference. Now if I said F VZW because it sucks in my area....then yeah, the "take your own advice" would hold water.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine. Sure he right to say whatever he want's. So do I. So don't patronize me by saying take my own advice because I haven't/didn't bash his service and/or carrier or a carrier he wishes to move to. There is a difference. Now if I said F VZW because it sucks in my area....then yeah, the "take your own advice" would hold water.
    If you say so.. You're only seeing one side but that's normal for most people. You tell him to not say F Sprint because you like them.. I say don't tell him to not say it because you like them.. Tomato Tamato.

    Either way.. Carriers are extremely area dependent so.. You enjoy your LTE... As we can see his seems to have issues just like others have.. Including myself when I was with Sprint. .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  18. #18  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    The reason I initially switched from Verizon to Splint is that I had no coverage in the area I moved to with Verizon. They kindly let me out of my contract without an early term fee. As I said previously, I was with Splint for about 5 years and was content with their service and quite honestly loved the unlimited data.

    I understand that towers get upgraded, but in my business, my phone is my lifeline. I cannot live with calls being dropped multiple times in a conversation, not being able to send a text or make a phone call in one of my restaurants, or missing important calls because I have no service. I expressed my concern with Splint on several occasions, and yes, while they knocked some money off of my bill, there was no resolution with the service. What pisses me off about Splint is how their customer service has declined over the course of the last 5 years. I had three phones with them, and I asked that the ETF for the business line be waived. They refused citing that my service was at their standard. I then asked that my phone number be switched to the shortest contract so I could pay a lesser ETF. Again they refused. I ultimately negotiated a reduced ETF, but had to return the device. I didn't have this kind of headache dealing with Verizon.

    I will say that now that I'm with AT&T, I realize the quality of connectivity and data speed I was missing out on with Splint.
    That's a great explanation of your problem, concerns, and resolution. I agree with you though, they should have let you out without an ETF. Period. But honestly, I have had no problems with them, although I haven't had the problems you've had. If I was in your boat, I would have done the same thing.

    In my area, VZW is spotty but go up the road 10 miles and the service is outstanding. T-mo...fageddaboutit. AT&T is the only other carrier besides Sprint that get's great service out here but I like having unlimited data. Sure, it can be slow....but it works.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine.
    As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

    Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)-2013-12-01-18.08.10.jpg

    I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.
  20. #20  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    If you say so.. You're only seeing one side but that's normal for most people. You tell him to not say F Sprint because you like them.. I say don't tell him to not say it because you like them.. Tomato Tamato.

    Either way.. Carriers are extremely area dependent so.. You enjoy your LTE... As we can see his seems to have issues just like others have.. Including myself when I was with Sprint. .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    NO, I see both sides. It's the argument of......"CHEVY SUCKS"....but never has driven one in the mountains but only driven in the city. Just because HIS service sucks where he lives, doesn't mean ALL Sprint service sucks. You're right though, these carriers are area dependent. In fact, I do have LTE in my area!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Sure, it can be slow....but it works.
    Precisely my point. As I said previously, I might be paying a bit more for AT&T, but their service is far superior than that of Splint. Not just in my area either, as I travel and have experienced both services in multiple locations.
  22. #22  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-01 18.08.10.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	94645
    I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.
    WOW!!! 12Mbps a second! You do know that's almost faster than most people's internet connection don't you??? And 24Mbps is awesome.

    AAAAAND....I never said ANYTHING about KILLER DATA speeds now did I?? I just said I great service. And I do. I also get LTE if that's any concern.

    Also, I've been with Sprint for 12 years. But I have lotsa friends on other carriers and we compare. No real data comparison...as none of my statements had anything to do with...data comparisons.
  23. #23  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    Precisely my point. As I said previously, I might be paying a bit more for AT&T, but their service is far superior than that of Splint. Not just in my area either, as I travel and have experienced both services in multiple locations.
    Well. I travel too. All over the state of Florida. Everyday. Mon-Fri. No complaints. But I'd rather have a little slower speeds and have unlimited than be bound by a cap and pay more. To each his own.
  24. #24  
    Gator352's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by SalixIncendium View Post
    As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-01 18.08.10.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	94645

    I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.
    Here ya go.

    Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)-13-1.png
    SalixIncendium likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    That's actually pretty good speed. For Splint's sake (and Softbank's), I hope they can get that done in the rest of the country.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kitkat now that it updated cannot delete downloads on the download icon.
    By tjwolf in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 08:18 PM
  2. Sprint Galaxy S3 - Custom ROMs opinions and help needed
    By RobTheHillbilly in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 04:12 PM
  3. Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) LTE on AT&T
    By prissysox in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 10:36 AM
  4. Dropped my iPhone now using moto x
    By gdruin74 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM
  5. Chromecast worked fine and now doesn't.
    By xkellettx in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions