Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

What's this shield icon? How can I stop this notification. It pops up every time I'm in Wifi. Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    22,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: prevention information

Can you post a screenshot of it, please?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of it, please?
    I don't know how but it looks like a "shield"

Global Posts
    22,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cacal View Post
    I don't know how but it looks like a "shield"

Volume down and home I think takes a screenshot

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If it's white, then it's the Knox app. Last I heard that sprint is working on a fix because it keeps shutting down apps.

If it is green, then it's the lookout security app. It scans apps for safety, the Internet for safety, and what not.

The Knox part can't be undone as of yet, unless you have root. But the lookout app can be uninstalled and turned off.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    If it's white, then it's the Knox app. Last I heard that sprint is working on a fix because it keeps shutting down apps.

If it is green, then it's the lookout security app. It scans apps for safety, the Internet for safety, and what not.

The Knox part can't be undone as of yet, unless you have root. But the lookout app can be uninstalled and turned off.

It's a Grey color shield

Grey shield is knox. You have to wait for a fix. Call sprint and complain. Maybe they will realize how important this issue is.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    Grey shield is knox. You have to wait for a fix. Call sprint and complain. Maybe they will realize how important this issue is.

Thanks for the info

There should be an option to not show you the message again for 30 days when you see the icon. Select that and you should only have to do that 12 times a year. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

You can force stop the app. When you get the notification hold your finger on it, app infp, force stop. It will stay off as long as you dont restart or turn off the phone. Yeah!

Does the shield have a phone inside? If so, you have the Call Control app, and that's the notification that it's turned on. That can be hidden in the Settings menu, under Notification.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo
    Gear S
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

for future reference you can swipe your hand across the screen to take a screen shot
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

Hello all: Did anyone ever get an official (from the pros) answer to this Prevention information problem

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

To take a screen shot in the way manonmoon49 describes, you need Settings, Controls, Palm Motion turned on with its Capture Screen option on. If you don't, holding both the power button and the home button down for a second or few should do it.

I don't know if there's ever been a clear answer from an official source on this. I think the best I saw on Sprint's forums is that they know about it and are working on it. Pretty vague. I'm hoping the KitKat update that just came out fixes this issue (and the flaky WiFi issue), but I'm not sure. I might have to wait about a month until the notification would be due to pop up again and see. Maybe others will have more info though and can tell us if the KitKat update fixes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    To take a screen shot in the way manonmoon49 describes, you need Settings, Controls, Palm Motion turned on with its Capture Screen option on. If you don't, holding both the power button and the home button down for a second or few should do it.

I don't know if there's ever been a clear answer from an official source on this. I think the best I saw on Sprint's forums is that they know about it and are working on it. Pretty vague. I'm hoping the KitKat update that just came out fixes this issue (and the flaky WiFi issue), but I'm not sure. I might have to wait about a month until the notification would be due to pop up again and see. Maybe others will have more info though and can tell us if the KitKat update fixes this.
    It looks like 4.4.2 fixes the notification problem.

http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...rSamsungGalaxy

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by: