Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

    What's this shield icon? How can I stop this notification. It pops up every time I'm in Wifi. Thank you

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: prevention information

    Can you post a screenshot of it, please?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: prevention information

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of it, please?
    I don't know how but it looks like a "shield"

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: prevention information

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cacal View Post
    I don't know how but it looks like a "shield"

    Posted via Android Central App
    Volume down and home I think takes a screenshot

    From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default

    If it's white, then it's the Knox app. Last I heard that sprint is working on a fix because it keeps shutting down apps.

    If it is green, then it's the lookout security app. It scans apps for safety, the Internet for safety, and what not.

    The Knox part can't be undone as of yet, unless you have root. But the lookout app can be uninstalled and turned off.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: prevention information

    Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    If it's white, then it's the Knox app. Last I heard that sprint is working on a fix because it keeps shutting down apps.

    If it is green, then it's the lookout security app. It scans apps for safety, the Internet for safety, and what not.

    The Knox part can't be undone as of yet, unless you have root. But the lookout app can be uninstalled and turned off.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It's a Grey color shield

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default

    Grey shield is knox. You have to wait for a fix. Call sprint and complain. Maybe they will realize how important this issue is.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: prevention information

    Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    Grey shield is knox. You have to wait for a fix. Call sprint and complain. Maybe they will realize how important this issue is.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the info

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: prevention information

    There should be an option to not show you the message again for 30 days when you see the icon. Select that and you should only have to do that 12 times a year. Lol

    Sent from my gameboy color
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: prevention information

    You can force stop the app. When you get the notification hold your finger on it, app infp, force stop. It will stay off as long as you dont restart or turn off the phone. Yeah!

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: prevention information

    Does the shield have a phone inside? If so, you have the Call Control app, and that's the notification that it's turned on. That can be hidden in the Settings menu, under Notification.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

    T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo
    Gear S
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    manonmoon49's Avatar

    Posts
    265 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: prevention information

    for future reference you can swipe your hand across the screen to take a screen shot
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

    Hello all: Did anyone ever get an official (from the pros) answer to this Prevention information problem
  14. #14  
    Dronak's Avatar

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

    To take a screen shot in the way manonmoon49 describes, you need Settings, Controls, Palm Motion turned on with its Capture Screen option on. If you don't, holding both the power button and the home button down for a second or few should do it.

    I don't know if there's ever been a clear answer from an official source on this. I think the best I saw on Sprint's forums is that they know about it and are working on it. Pretty vague. I'm hoping the KitKat update that just came out fixes this issue (and the flaky WiFi issue), but I'm not sure. I might have to wait about a month until the notification would be due to pop up again and see. Maybe others will have more info though and can tell us if the KitKat update fixes this.
  15. #15  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,147 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - prevention information

    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    To take a screen shot in the way manonmoon49 describes, you need Settings, Controls, Palm Motion turned on with its Capture Screen option on. If you don't, holding both the power button and the home button down for a second or few should do it.

    I don't know if there's ever been a clear answer from an official source on this. I think the best I saw on Sprint's forums is that they know about it and are working on it. Pretty vague. I'm hoping the KitKat update that just came out fixes this issue (and the flaky WiFi issue), but I'm not sure. I might have to wait about a month until the notification would be due to pop up again and see. Maybe others will have more info though and can tell us if the KitKat update fixes this.
    It looks like 4.4.2 fixes the notification problem.

    http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...rSamsungGalaxy


    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Has Gone Crazy on my Galaxy S3
    By Bebusy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
  2. Sprint Galaxy Note 2 - Which app is accessing my GPS?
    By ForTheGlory in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:15 AM
  3. Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Message always says Refreshing
    By spasell in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 01:30 PM
  4. A new observation/discovery about Samsung Link, sending media to TV from Note
    By dianehelen in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  5. Galaxy Tab 2 - Storage problem
    By CallumE97 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions