equivalent to adobe flash player

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know myself, I have looked for something but I haven't found anything yet like Adobe Flash Player.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
is there an equivalent to adobe flash player for the note 3 since adobe no longer supports new devices ? thanks

Adobe doesn't support Android full stop anymore. You should be able to side-load Adobe Flash to your note & it should work (not with chrome though) on your stock browser, or Firefox. As far as I know, it's only KitKat that won't allow Flash to work at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Cherieoos

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Adobe doesn't support Android full stop anymore. You should be able to side-load Adobe Flash to your note & it should work (not with chrome though) on your stock browser, or Firefox. As far as I know, it's only KitKat that won't allow Flash to work at all.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
is there an equivalent to adobe flash player for the note 3 since adobe no longer supports new devices ? thanks

I have just installed Flash on my Note 3, and it works ok. Head over to Adobe Flash archived versions, go down to Flash for Android, 11.1 is the last one for Android. Click on that & download then install. Don't forget you need to go into security settings and check the 'Unknown Sources, allow app installations from sources other than the Play Store' box. Remember to uncheck it when done!
Easy peasy. Good luck.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320120

Here is a previous helpful thread that discusses everything. Previous posters, in this thread, are correct that you can still download flash player (the last version Adobe released that supports Android). You will need a different 3rd party browser to work with the flash player. There are quite a few, so get a chance to play with them and find one you like. I've been using UC Browser and haven't had a problem yet. Hope this helps. :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
to be used on stock browser or chrome. i would like adobe or something that is the same as it. i have tried a few out there and do not like them.

does any one know please ?

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried Photon Flash Player. It looks like a very good alternative, but I'd like some feedback before I download it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried Photon Flash Player. It looks like a very good alternative, but I'd like some feedback before I download it.

When I tried it, I didn't care for the UI. It seemed clumsy, but that was quite some time ago. It may have changed.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried Puffin (free version) based on the link by Rivencap (a few posts up) which has a great and easy youtube video and Flash worked great. The stock internet program used to work with Flash but no longer does. (Chrome has never worked with Flash recently) . There are not too many web sites requiring Flash these days so I will just use Puffin when needed.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried Puffin (free version) based on the link by Rivencap (a few posts up) which has a great and easy youtube video and Flash worked great. The stock internet program used to work with Flash but no longer does. (Chrome has never worked with Flash recently) . There are not too many web sites requiring Flash these days so I will just use Puffin when needed.

I installed Puffin (free version) and it seems to work well. I have to get used to some of the options, though. Seems fine so far. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've done the whole bit, and it still won't work.

Downloaded Flash- Downloaded Android Browser/UC Browser/Maxthon/Puffin/Firefox- Didn't work with any of them-

WHAT THE HELL MAN.

Posted via Android Central App

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but this forum is my last and greatest hope (or so i think) to find out why flash isn't working on my phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but this forum is my last and greatest hope (or so i think) to find out why flash isn't working on my phone

As Android comes out with each new version, Flash gets less and less support. I think it has been totally abolished in 4.4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21