Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    big1033's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Samsung Calendar

    Any way to remove/disable the Samsung Calendar...or at least set Google Calendar as the default? Galaxy Note 3
  2. #2  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,826 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,323 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    Welcome to the forums.

    I no longer have any Samsung devices but I'd look for a calendar app in Settings--app--all and see if you're able to select it, then disable it from there.
    Live long and prosper.


  3. #3  
    pre1561's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    IMO, I've tried both & I like the Samsung calendar better, it will sync with Google calendar if you set it to, Google calendar doesn't show any idea of what you have scheduled for that day just that you have something scheduled. Samsung calender will show you a short title of what you have scheduled, if you set it show you.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    pre1561's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    I just looked at google calendar in the play store. I might be wrong, they must have improved the app. I downloaded it.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    arundc's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by big1033 View Post
    Any way to remove/disable the Samsung Calendar...or at least set Google Calendar as the default? Galaxy Note 3
    Did you get your answer? I'm hoping to disable the Samsung calendar and use Google's exclusively. Double reminders are annoying....
    ~Galaxy Note II, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Xoom (All four being 4G LTE), iPad2, iPad3 (Both WiFi)
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    Open calendar app, menu key, calendars and uncheck samsung and pick the ones you want. I use gmail which I think is google calendar.
  7. #7  
    rpg
    rpg is offline
    rpg's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Mahan View Post
    Open calendar app, menu key, calendars and uncheck samsung and pick the ones you want. I use gmail which I think is google calendar.
    This isn't actually the question that was asked. The question was "how do we use the Google calendar application instead of the Samsung calendar application?"

    I'd like to know the answer to that question, too. The Samsung app is almost ok, but won't let me choose the default reminder time. I'm stuck with a warning 10 minutes before the event, which is simply not enough time for an appointment. Google's calendar will let me set the default to be longer.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Samsung Calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by rpg View Post
    This isn't actually the question that was asked. The question was "how do we use the Google calendar application instead of the Samsung calendar application?"

    I'd like to know the answer to that question, too. The Samsung app is almost ok, but won't let me choose the default reminder time. I'm stuck with a warning 10 minutes before the event, which is simply not enough time for an appointment. Google's calendar will let me set the default to be longer.
    I use the Samsung calendar and it gives me approx 16 different time options for a reminder (1 min, 5 min, 1 hr, 1 day, 1 week etc) as well as allowing me to set a customized time if one of their options isn't what I'm looking for.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. CM11 (4.4.x) for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII
    By HNNNNNGHHH in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S II
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 10:40 AM
  2. How to sync Pc outlook 2010 with Samsung Galaxy S4 without USB cable
    By Somepeoplearecool in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:21 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy tab 2 doing weird things
    By dada1111 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 03:34 PM
  4. Samsung's next step?
    By mrsmumbles in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 03:38 AM
  5. Default Calendar using google voice
    By ohhh my in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions