1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped Calls on Note 3

Just got my GN3 a few weeks ago and I've had issues on Sprint with dropped calls. Anyone else having issues? I know it may be based on area, but I would like to eliminate any other possibilities.

Default Re: Dropped Calls on Note 3

I'm on Verizon and haven't had any dropped calls on my Note 3 as of yet. I've had it for 2 days so it's a small sample size but signal has been strong. How long have you had Sprint and did these issues persist before the Note 3?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Might be a tower issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I'm on Verizon and haven't had any dropped calls on my Note 3 as of yet. I've had it for 2 days so it's a small sample size but signal has been strong. How long have you had Sprint and did these issues persist before the Note 3?
    I've had Sprint for a year & previously had the iPhone 5 and rarely had any dropped calls, definitely less than 5. I've had the Note 3 for a few weeks and have experienced numerous dropped calls.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG21979 View Post
    I've had Sprint for a year & previously had the iPhone 5 and rarely had any dropped calls, definitely less than 5. I've had the Note 3 for a few weeks and have experienced numerous dropped calls.
    Not good. Call the carrier and ask about any trouble tickets. I had nothing but dropped calls for the last month with a Droid Maxx and switching to a Note 3 helped majorly. My issue was the phone (4+ of them) would drop signal due TO WIFI and it wasn't my network causing it.

I agree that it might be a tower issue. I have had my Note 3 for just over two weeks. I have not had one dropped call and my service is weak in my house (1-2 bars).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe0622 View Post
    I agree that it might be a tower issue. I have had my Note 3 for just over two weeks. I have not had one dropped call and my service is weak in my house (1-2 bars).
    Chloe,
    Thanks for the info...I only have two bars on my Note 3 in my house, whereas the iPhone always showed full bars on the same network. Hmmmmm!
    Thanked by:

Chloe,
    Thanks for the info...I only have two bars on my Note 3 in my house, whereas the iPhone always showed full bars on the same network. Hmmmmm!
    You can't really look at bars and know for sure. You need to look in the settings for the dBm if you want to compare.

If you call sprint they can update your prl. That may help.

Sent from my gameboy color

I have had my Sprint Note 3 for about 1 month and have yet to drop a call...I use to drop at least 1 call a week with my S3 good luck !!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Just got my GN3 a few weeks ago and I've had issues on Sprint with dropped calls. Anyone else having issues? I know it may be based on area, but I would like to eliminate any other possibilities.
    Check your ROAMING Settings----should put it on HOME ONLY (may say SPRINT ONLY) instead of the Default Automatic. In my 16 year experience with Sprint, that alone will prevent 75% or more of most dropped calls. NOW, if you have bad signal due to Tower upgrades or outages, this is likely NOT to help. But it DOES prevent most dropped calls that are due to having the ROAMING on. Another good reason? It means much improved battery time.

I just got my note a few days ago. I have been having dropped call issues as well. However I was having the same issues with my Galaxy S3 and in the same spots. I think my issues are due to the tower upgrades to 4G going on in my area... I am going to try switching it to home only for roaming and hopefully that will help some of the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Just just bought a note 3 on Verizon last week. Consistently droping calls at my house. My sister has a S3 and it is not dropping calls when it is sitting right next to my Note 3. I had to call tech support on the S3 to troubleshoot my Note 3. Called Verizon tech support to open a ticket took over an hour. They said i dropped over 50 calls in the past day. Tech support said to bring the phone in for replacement. Did that the next day.

Shows 2 -3 bars 4GLTE at home.

Signal -106DBm 34 asu

Went to Verizon store and got another brand new Note 3 for $600 on Edge. It was $50 cheaper. Anyways. Same fakin issue. Dropping calls. Turned off global to LTE, same issue, turned off WiFi, same sheiot, changed sims 3 times, tried old S3 SIM. Still dropping calls. Have to use Google Voice with GV Phone App to make calls over WiFi. Opened another ticket. Waiting until Monday 2-17-2014 for ticket to expire. Told the supervisor that they better send me an Air Rave / signal booster device ($250) for free and credit my account. Never had problems on Verizon before only Sprint that's why I switched to Verizon. Very pissed off that the best phone on the planet can't make a faking phone call when my S3 can. Will keep you guys updated.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by 4NG3L0; 02-16-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Angry Re: Dropped Calls on Note 3

I have been with sprint since Dec. 5th 2013 and I also have been plagued with dropped calls to this day and they would not let me out of contract do to them doing cell tower upgrades the were completed on the Dec 28th 2013 and here I am stuck with them do to them not letting me leave in my trial period of the phone and the keep giving me round about reasons why my phone isn't working one person will say its my cell antenna and another will say its the cell towers in my area there is nothing wrong with you phone I will escalate a ticket for you aka (sprint doesn't give a flying ****!) but if you have got this issues resolved please let me know as I would love to be able to make calls when I do have full bars in my house. they have pissed me off to no end

Angry Re: Dropped Calls on Note 3

I'm on my second Samsung Note 3 phone (returned the other due to excessive dropped calls), my husband also has one. We are still experiencing a higher number of dropped calls than my previous Galaxy 2 his Galaxy 3. Additionally, it continues to fall back onto the network for data instead of staying on my home Wi-Fi system which has driven up my data usage. It also does this in hotels as I travel for work every week. I have to go in and disable the data in order to keep it on a Wi-Fi signal. I love the phone but so far, it's ability to stay on a signal during a phone call or data is weak at best! I wish I could return this phone and would NOT recommend it to others! I'm curious to see if there are others experiencing the same thing. I didn't change service providers - I've always been on Sprint. My previous Sprint phone rarely dropped calls! Today is quite typical....I dropped two calls speaking to customers and three while talking to my boss. I'm at a loss!! Looks like this is a common issue. I hope Samsung gets a quick fix for us!! Otherwise this phone is going in the drawer!!!

I had / have the same problem. First thing to do is make lots of calls from where you get dropped. Every dropped call is noted in their computer. Do this for several days. Update your PRL . Make more calls that you know will get dropped. Call sprint customer service. They can see what your signal has been the entire time and every dropped call. Make sure you call dropped calls back. If you have an Internet connection in your home or office they will send you an air rave. Basically it routes your calls though the Internet and gives you a very nice signal indoors.

Won't work for me because this phone is good enough for 99% of all my computer and Internet needs. So I canceled household internet. From streaming videos to billing customers I couldn't be happier with any other phone. Laptop must be getting lonely.