Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks) (part II)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
2 things. My att note is light years faster than my sprint iPhone. Unfortunately for some sprint is a good deal and good service depending on where they live. In general I'm a true believer of you get what you pay for in the mobile industry. My switch from sprint to att has made me see the light. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Sprint has rarely been known for the high performance of their network.

gp8.3

It's hard to maintain speed and unlimited data. Once they do that they will start ruling the world.

Unfortunately when the iPhone launched on sprint the speeds tanked hard. Just like what the iPhone did to att.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I got my note 3(black friday) & coming from an iPhone 4s this is a major upgrade. Only problem is that their LTE is inconsistent. Where I stay I may get max 4-6 mgb down on LTE but my router gets 6? that! Friend of mine sent a message about tmobile paying off ET F'S possibly next year on new promos. May be something to look into if you want faster LTE. If you have the BGR app it will be in the mobile section. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App

I just asked att to pay mine and I told them if they could I would switch. They payed 3 of them for all 3 lines. Lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to maintain speed and unlimited data. Once they do that they will start ruling the world.

Unfortunately when the iPhone launched on sprint the speeds tanked hard. Just like what the iPhone did to att.

It definitely can be a task but it's Sprints fault for not trying to stay on top of it. They were to busy with being first with 4g Wimax and it didn't last.. And during the Wimax update they neglected their 3g while everyone else threw more backhaul on it (HSPA) to help with the load.

That's why T-Mobile is now doing better than they were.. Their HSPA is good and the spectrum from Metro PCS is helping them as well. (see below)

I believe once Sprint plays catch up and gets the ball moving it will be somewhat easier to maintain. Right now they still have alot of gut and replace work to do.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1387721995003.jpg
    1387721995003.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 1387722006078.jpg
    1387722006078.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 47

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It definitely can be a task but it's Sprints fault for not trying to stay on top of it. They were to busy with being first with 4g Wimax and it didn't last.. And during the Wimax update they neglected their 3g while everyone else threw more backhaul on it (HSPA) to help with the load.

That's why T-Mobile is now doing better than they were.. Their HSPA is good and the spectrum from Metro PCS is helping them as well. (see below)

I believe once Sprint plays catch up and gets the ball moving it will be somewhat easier to maintain. Right now they still have alot of gut and replace work to do.

Your android is too slow! Clean your Android lol

galaxy0325

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Cool. Maybe I should go to Verizon and do that. Give them an ultimatum. I used to have them so it makes sense.

SGEN3

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
No, actually its a fact, no personal opinion about it. There are dead areas with any carrier. I have had Sprint since the bought Nextel. I don't understand why you would state your "opinion" as a fact.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Didn't mean to offend you! All I was stating that I don't believe that sprint is the best in florida. Lol my company was on sprint and ditched them real quick for Verizon. Sprint may show "large coverage" but it may not be "good coverage" which is my opinion and personal experience

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't mean to offend you! All I was stating that I don't believe that sprint is the best in florida. Lol my company was on sprint and ditched them real quick for Verizon. Sprint may show "large coverage" but it may not be "good coverage" which is my opinion and personal experience

Sprint just like any other carrier has dead spots, even in N. E. Florida. I was not offended I just don't like people stateing opinion as facts. Overall Sprint is the best carrier in Florida due to there prices and over all service and prices for those services. All of the other carriers are a lot more expensive. Sprint service needs to be improved all over the state, but the only cell service less expensive than all of the carriers are the prepaid carriers, but only after you buy the phone @ full price and then you can only get old tech phones from what I have seen. Maybe I misunderstood your orginal post if I did then I apologize, but it read like you were stating your opinion as a fact. I have talked to a lot of people that like other carriers better, but they pay more. IMO, it's not worth paying more, I just live with the dead spots.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I believe that the iPhone is why big red and big blue got rid of unlimited data.

SGEN3

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Sprint just like any other carrier has dead spots, even in N. E. Florida. I was not offended I just don't like people stateing opinion as facts. Overall Sprint is the best carrier in Florida due to there prices and over all service and prices for those services. All of the other carriers are a lot more expensive. Sprint service needs to be improved all over the state, but the only cell service less expensive than all of the carriers are the prepaid carriers, but only after you buy the phone @ full price and then you can only get old tech phones from what I have seen. Maybe I misunderstood your orginal post if I did then I apologize, but it read like you were stating your opinion as a fact. I have talked to a lot of people that like other carriers better, but they pay more. IMO, it's not worth paying more, I just live with the dead spots.

I gotcha opinions aren't facts! So then stating that sprint has the best for the money... I will have politely disagree and view that as your single opinion. My eyes..you get what you pay for and Verizon to me is worth it over everything. Looks like we may agree to disagree my friend but shoot if you got the galaxy note 3 then is no denying we agree on something!

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 is with Verizon and I couldn't be happier been with them for years ..price..speed...etc....my wife decided to switch to Sprint and got herself a iPhone 5c., she fell for their unlimited data plan...The phone was so slow and reception so bad ..that she had a hard time looking things up on line...took forever and all the dropped calls ...and rarely the Lte icon would show up and I do mean rarely. ...she took the phone back to Sprint and went back to Version. ...and guess what...Lte is on almost all the time....Internet search take seconds and No More Dropped Calls..on the same phone ...iphone 5c...difference is like night and day...and nd we live in So. Fla.....my opinion is Sprint Sucks.....save yourself some heart ache and use a different carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You can say it's the best.. As that's your opinion... but I got dial up speeds in Jacksonville on 3g and now get amazing speeds on T-Mobile (either on HSPA or LTE).

T-Mobile costs me $70 after taxes... Sprint cost me $92. So for me T-Mobile if far better... But again that's my opinion and for my needs T-Mobile fits the budget better than Sprint did.

I do hope Sprint and T-Moblie thrive though... I love that they offer unlimited data and want them to be thriving off of it.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can say it's the best.. As that's your opinion... but I got dial up speeds in Jacksonville on 3g and now get amazing speeds on T-Mobile (either on HSPA or LTE).

T-Mobile costs me $70 after taxes... Sprint cost me $92. So for me T-Mobile if far better... But again that's my opinion and for my needs T-Mobile fits the budget better than Sprint did.

I do hope Sprint and T-Moblie thrive though... I love that they offer unlimited data and want them to be thriving off of it.

I'm in St. Augustine and we have one spot at a major intersection here that has 4g. I have been told by other people that T-Mobile is good and Verizon, but you can get the same price with Sprint, I'm paying $65.00 a month unlimited. But, I'm also paying for my phone somewhere in there.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm in St. Augustine and we have one spot at a major intersection here that has 4g. I have been told by other people that T-Mobile is good and Verizon, but you can get the same price with Sprint, I'm paying $65.00 a month unlimited. But, I'm also paying for my phone somewhere in there.

With a discount I take it?

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That means 65 plus phone payment correct?

It probably is. The payment on the phone was something like $25. I say probably because I haven't paid attention to my bill. The full amount with other charges has been what it should be so I just haven't looked at my bill very much since I upgraded.