Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks) (part II)

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Since some fools messed up my other thread, let's start a new thread!

From the old one:

Yesterday when I was running errands, I wanted to compare prices of a product online versus a store, so I decided to Google it. Of course, just my luck, the connection wouldn't load the page, although as you can see in the screenshot attached, I have LTE reception. It's so frustrating how Sprint's LTE rollout is so crappy, and they're trying to run on "Unlimited data." Maybe if it were quality data, it would be worth it.

I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area.

unnamed.png

This is from today, look at the 4G LTE signal bars, yet the internet still wouldn't load, on the bottom of the screen, the "Please check your internet connection and try again." message popped up and I caught it just in time.

Screenshot_2013-12-18-17-56-54.jpg

And if you think Facebook was down and has nothing to do with Sprint, leave this thread (and the world of technology) forever!

I HATE YOU SPRINT :(

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is the best service to have in Florida. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This stuff isn't built overnight. They are just upgrading but fully replacing the equipment.

I know it takes awhile for this to get done and that it can be frustrating, but you will have the most network in a matter of time. Yeah, yeah, I know they have been saying that but you have evidence that it is on its way.

When it first hit my area and they announced it, it was still a bit crappy, but within a few months it rivaled Verizon.

2 thread for the same thing is overkill.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited data?

Oh wait, I prefer Note 3 over N5, sorry :-[

I got a Note 3 and unlimited data.. T-Mobile is where I went.

If anything you should call Sprint and see if something is going on with the towers. Either something with the LTE in your area is messed up or your phone is. That is if you want to stick with Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I got a Note 3 and unlimited data.. T-Mobile is where I went.

If anything you should call Sprint and see if something is going on with the towers. Either something with the LTE in your area is messed up or your phone is. That is if you want to stick with Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Depending on where he lives, it could just be Sprint. Here in Southern California they're extremely slow. AT&T and Verizon 3G are faster than Sprint's LTE

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll agree if you get into an area that has good LTE coverage from Sprint its not bad at all. Sure its not Verizon or AT&T super high speeds but I've personally averaged around 10-20 Mbps when in a solid LTE area. Couple that with unlimited and its worth the ticket.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This stuff isn't built overnight. They are just upgrading but fully replacing the equipment.

I know it takes awhile for this to get done and that it can be frustrating, but you will have the most network in a matter of time. Yeah, yeah, I know they have been saying that but you have evidence that it is on its way.

When it first hit my area and they announced it, it was still a bit crappy, but within a few months it rivaled Verizon.

2 thread for the same thing is overkill.

Two things:

I was only complaining about the reception when it told me I had LTE.

Secondly, two threads is overkill, if the other one wasn't locked. People were actually having legit discussions about their reception.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I found myself having with the internet connection at one time. I called Sprint and they confirmed there was a problem. I received credits to my bill that amounted to a considerable amount. Have you spoken to anyone at Sprint?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Two things:

Secondly, two threads is overkill, if the other one wasn't locked. People were actually having legit discussions about their reception.

I have had the issue as well, mostly with Facebook. I blame it more on the app connection than the sprint connection. Once and a blue moon I do a data on/off. I honestly assumed that you were in the beginning or jsut announced LTE area and wanted to convey the my thoughts on it.

2 threads: I get it if it was civil conversation, I am surprised they shut that one down...

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm in DC and LTE has gotten better over time. I recently went to Virginia Beach and while they started the roll out there a year ago, the majority of my time there I couldn't do anything that involved data like GPS.

I often just blame Sprint but Facebook isn't the best app to use when deciding who's fault it is. I can't even use the mobile site to post my status and don't get me started on uploading photos. I use Friendcaster for all of that and FB for reading and commenting. So sad.

Sent from my "no longer 120? or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm in DC and LTE has gotten better over time. I recently went to Virginia Beach and while they started the roll out there a year ago, the majority of my time there I couldn't do anything that involved data like GPS.

I often just blame Sprint but Facebook isn't the best app to use when deciding who's fault it is. I can't even use the mobile site to post my status and don't get me started on uploading photos. I use Friendcaster for all of that and FB for reading and commenting. So sad.

Sent from my "no longer 120? or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum

Nice sig :) :thumbup:

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Two things:

It is important to note that most mobile operating systems on cellphones relate the number of "bars" to 1xRTT strength, not LTE strength, even when attached to an LTE network.

Second, even when the bars do relate to LTE strength it's often the beacon strength, not the signal quality or signal vs noise.

Even on Verizon it seems like the connection can get in a bad state now and then, flipping airplane mode on and off usually clears the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

SGEN3

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is the best service to have in Florida. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in.

That's a large personal opinion. Sprint is HORRIBLE wherever you go. So glad I made the switch to Verizon. MUCH MUCH BETTER SERVICE

OIF VETERAN 2009 - 2010

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a large personal opinion. Sprint is HORRIBLE wherever you go. So glad I made the switch to Verizon. MUCH MUCH BETTER SERVICE

OIF VETERAN 2009 - 2010

No, actually its a fact, no personal opinion about it. There are dead areas with any carrier. I have had Sprint since the bought Nextel. I don't understand why you would state your "opinion" as a fact.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i was with Sprint since 2008 but switched to AT&T GoPhone in early November when i got my Nexus 5. in terms of coverage and speed (both 3G and 4G LTE) AT&T blows Sprint out of the water. there is no comparison. i had no idea what i was missing. i live in a metropolitan area and travel all over - and AT&T LTE is almost ubiquitous - and when it's not the 3G speeds are very fast. i pay $60/month for Unlimited Talk/Tax and 2GB of 4G LTE plus $10/1GB as needed. plus taxes and fees are MUCH cheaper with prepaid vs. post paid - and no contracts. unless you absolutely NEED/USE Unlimited data - this is the plan to get!

galaxy0325

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my note 3(black friday) & coming from an iPhone 4s this is a major upgrade. Only problem is that their LTE is inconsistent. Where I stay I may get max 4-6 mgb down on LTE but my router gets 6? that! Friend of mine sent a message about tmobile paying off ET F'S possibly next year on new promos. May be something to look into if you want faster LTE. If you have the BGR app it will be in the mobile section. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463